Tuesday, February 16, 2016

How Do You Worship Him?

Worship is a believer's response to God's revelation of Himself. It is expressing wonder, awe, and gratitude for the worthiness, the greatness, and the goodness of our Lord. It is the appropriate response to God's person, His provision, His power, His promises, and His plan.  Nancy Leigh DeMoss

I read something recently that made me stop and think about how I worship God.  The statement that touched me was this, “You’re the only you in all of creation.”  If I love God my way of worshiping Him will be different from any other person’s way of worshiping Him.  If God can count the hairs on my head and every other person’s in the world, then He can certainly hear my voice from every other and distinguish that it is different from any other voice on earth.

I grew up in a church that didn’t demonstrate worship to God by raising your hands to Him or lifting your arms and praising Him.  The first time I saw that it kind of alarmed me.  I would look at the other person and think, “What’s up with the arms in the air?”  “Is this person closer to God than I am?”  “I mean, their arms are higher than I am so maybe they are.” 

What I learned was that the closer I became to God the more my worship of Him evolved.  I love to sing and I love to worship God through songs.  What I learned is that more often than not when I am worshiping Him, the song gets in my soul and before I know it I am crying.  I will be singing and crying.  I wonder what other people think when they see that. 

Each of us is unique and we each worship our Heavenly Father differently.  Some of us show Him our worship by raising our hands in the air, others worship Him by praising Him vocally and then there are those of us who ball our eyes out. 

It doesn’t matter how any of us worship Him or show our love for Him.  He knows.  It is as simple as that.  Your voice is unique and the only one like it.  There is no other person on earth who has your makeup.  He will hear your voice and be able to distinguish it from every other person.  Whatever way you decide to worship Him, do so with all of your heart and soul.  
    
Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, if my heart is turned to You, it doesn’t matter how I worship You.  We are each a unique creation and as such we all worship differently.  If we love You, our hearts will be filled and it won’t matter how the outpouring of that love is manifested in us.  You will know, so help me to rejoice in You.

Scripture: Make a joyful shout to God, all the earth! Sing out the honor of His name; Make His praise glorious. Say to God, “How awesome are Your works! Through the greatness of Your power Your enemies shall submit themselves to You.  All the earth shall worship You and sing praises to You; they shall sing praises to Your name.” Psalm 66:1-4


Oh come, let us sing to the Lord! Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving; Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms. For the Lord is the great God, and the great King above all gods.  In His hand are the deep places of the earth; the heights of the hills are His also. The sea is His, for He made it; and His hands formed the dry land.


Oh come, let us worship and bow down; Let us kneel before the Lord our Maker. For He is our God, and we are the people of His pasture, and the sheep of His hand.



Today, if you will hear His voice: “Do not harden your hearts, as in the rebellion, as in the day of trial in the wilderness, when your fathers tested Me; they tried Me, though they saw My work. For forty years I was grieved with that generation, and said, ‘It is a people who go astray in their hearts, and they do not know My ways.’ So I swore in My wrath,‘They shall not enter My rest.’”  Psalm 95:1-11

No comments:

Post a Comment