Tuesday, April 26, 2016

A Heart & A Seed

Real prayer is communion with God, so that there will be common thoughts between His mind and ours. What is needed is for Him to fill our hearts with His thoughts, and then His desires will become our desires flowing back to Him.  A.W. Pink

Have you ever planted a garden?  You buy a packet of seeds and you prepare the soil then you dig a hole to bury the seed in and then you wait.  I did this several months ago.  I wanted to plant herbs that I could use for cooking.  I bought special soil to plant the seeds in but I was lazy.  The seeds were so tiny that I didn’t take the time to prepare a hole for each seed to be dropped in and covered.  These seeds were smaller than a mustard seed.  So I took the shortcut and dug several big holes and scattered the seeds around and then I sat back and waited. 

Every day I would go out to see if I was producing herbs that would rival any Chef’s kitchen herbs.  So I watched and waited.  I finally started seeing something growing.  I had planted three different herbs so I sectioned the bed into three parts.  The left side produced nothing.  The center of the bed started producing basil.  The right side of the bed produced something green but I later determined that it was a weed because it didn’t look anything like the leaves on the seed packet. 

The heart of a Christian goes through the same process.  If our heart is not prepared properly for God’s seed to be planted, we will never produce fruit. We can go to church on Sunday and sit in the pews but come away with nothing.  The reason this happens is we have not prepared our heart for worship.  The times that I know my heart is prepared are the times when I walk away from church and realize that God has spoken to me.  When you understand that the Pastor’s words were speaking to you in that moment, you know your heart was prepared for seed to be planted. 

The fruit I produce is dependent on the preparation of my heart and I will see the results of God working in my life if I am prepared. If I never open the Bible and prepare for the seeds God wants to plant, I will never grow as God intended.  
      
Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, I am guilty of going to church and not being prepared to worship You.  There are times I have walked through those doors and come away with nothing.  Help me to be prepared and to open my heart to worship.  If I am prepared I can walk away with untold blessings.   

Scripture:   In the same day Jesus went out of the house and sat by the sea.  And great multitudes were gathered together to Him, so that He got into a boat and sat; and the whole multitude stood on the shore. Then He spoke many things to them in parables, saying: “Behold, a sower went out to sow. And as he sowed, some seed fell by the wayside; and the birds came and devoured them. Some fell on stony places, where they did not have much earth; and they immediately sprang up because they had no depth of earth.  But when the sun was up they were scorched, and because they had no root they withered away. And some fell among thorns, and the thorns sprang up and choked them.  But others fell on good ground and yielded a crop: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. He who has ears to hear, let him hear!”  Matthew 13:1-9



No comments:

Post a Comment