Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Light to Others

Just as in prayer it is not we who momentarily catch His attention, but He ours, so when we fail to hear His voice, it is not because He is not speaking so much as that we are not listening. We must recognize that all things are in God and that God is in all things, and we must learn to be very attentive, in order to hear God speaking in His ordinary tone without any special accent.  Charles H. Brent

I was talking to my husband yesterday and he asked me if I had a bad drive to work that morning.  I stopped and thought about it then said “No, why do you ask?”  He said he read my devotional and thought maybe I had a bad traffic day or something. 

I had to stop and think about what I wrote about yesterday.  I told him that I had a great drive in that morning.  No mattresses, recliners, computers, chairs, carpet or other things lost on the freeway.  That’s a good day as far as I am concerned. 

I told him most of the time I don’t know what I am going to write about from one day to the next.  He said if he was writing and he approached it that way there would be a lot of days where there would be no devotional. 

I responded by saying that God gives me the topic.  If I focus on Him long enough it just happens.  Sometimes I will get so many topics I want to write about, that by the time I get to work I forget half of them.  If I focus constantly on the Father there are unlimited supplies of material.

If we are to be a light to the world we have to spend time with the Father. We won’t get this light any other way and we won’t reflect it. Each of us is a light just waiting to be reflected on the world. Find your light. I leave you with the following quote.

“We are told to let our light shine, and if it does, we won't need to tell anybody it does. Lighthouses don't fire cannons to call attention to their shining- they just shine.”  D.L. Moody


Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, my time with You is precious to me.  The more time I spend with You the more I see You everywhere I go.  Thank you for opening my eyes and allowing me to see You in everything.  
       

Scripture:  Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.  Matthew 5:15-16

No comments:

Post a Comment