Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Fulfill Your Mission

The only way the corporate Body of Christ will fulfill the mission Christ has given it is for individual Christians to have a vision for fulfilling that mission personally. David Jeremiah

I haven’t always fulfilled my mission in life.  There are all kinds of things that can get in the way.  The stuff the world throws at me can be a distraction from my real mission and the things I choose to do instead of continue working on my mission in life can lead me further away from my purpose here.  When we accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, we take on a new role in life and a new mission. 

To many times I think we misunderstand the word mission.  I admit when I think of that word it often brings to mind travel to a foreign country to help others.  I think we sometimes forget that there are missions right where we are and sometimes next door.  God may be calling you to fulfill your mission at your workplace or in your neighborhood or in the grocery store.
 
Last weekend I headed out at 5:30 am to do an event and I stopped at a gas station to get water.  I stepped in line behind another customer.  The man in front of me was angry.  The clerk was taking a few minutes to try to get the cash register to work and the man in front of me started complaining about how they should learn how to teach their employees how to properly work the equipment.  He finally told the clerk to just give him back his card and he would come back when they learned how to train their people. 

As the man walked away I stepped up to the counter and asked the clerk in a kind voice how he was doing.  He wouldn’t meet my eyes but he said he was ok.  I could tell the other man had embarrassed him and he was still flustered.  As he was ringing up my purchases, he rang it up wrong and apologized and said he would need to void and ring it up again.
 
I had a choice to make.  I could get impatient and because I was up at 5:30 am on a Saturday morning and still bleary eyed, I could have been belligerent like the other customer.  I chose not to be.  I told the clerk it was fine and as I turned to leave I told him I hoped he would be blessed today. 

We have times each and every day where we can fulfill our mission on earth.  How many of those do we miss because we are in a hurry or too busy to take the time for a kind word.  That one instance can make a huge difference in another person’s life.  Take the time to fulfill your mission. The glory it brings to God is priceless.

Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, I want to fulfill my mission on earth.  I want to be the tool You use to show someone else the redeeming grace that You have shown me.  Help me to keep my eyes open for opportunities to share You with others.  I praise You for Your many blessings on my life and for keeping me focused on my purpose.    

Scripture: But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.  Acts 20:24

No comments:

Post a Comment