Thursday, May 19, 2016

Internet   

Faith is this extraordinary principle which links man to God; faith is this thing that keeps a man from hell and puts him in heaven; it is the connection between this world and the world to come; faith is this astounding thing that can take a man dead in trespasses and sins and make him live as a new being, a new man in Christ Jesus. Martyn Lloyd-Jones

Have you ever tried to get internet service in a remote location? Did you know there is a company that adds you to their “beam”?  I guess that means satellite beam.  I am glad you asked how this works because I am full of useless information after this process. 

I called to get internet service to a remote location in Texas.  I was told by one representative that I no longer qualify for the “beam”.  The satellite can only handle so many web surfers at a time and if too many farmers get on their internet beam it slows down so they aren’t adding anymore.  Since they are no longer accepting new “beam” users, the woman told me I could continue to call her back periodically and she would check each time I called to see if one of the existing “beamers” had canceled service.  She could only add me if someone else jumped ship.  She said if I keep trying they might decide to add a new satellite.  Wouldn’t that be cool.  A satellite in my honor. 

I kind of thought it was interesting that they were called Customer Service.  I mean if I am calling her to see if an open “beamer” spot comes up, that doesn’t seem much like customer service to me.  

The other catch is they don’t bill or invoice you.  They only accept credit cards and they automatically deduct it from your credit card each month. I am thinking it is because you are out in the middle of nowhere where no man has gone before.  It’s really just you and the “eye in the sky”.   

I am so thankful that I don’t need an internet connection to get connected with God.  Can you imagine the number of dropped prayers, emails and instant messages that would never make it to their destination if we depended on the internet to connect us to our Heavenly Father?

Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, I know technology is here to stay but I am so thankful we are not required to go through an internet connection to reach you.  If that were the case I might never have the opportunity to have a relationship with You.  I praise You for giving us a heavenly connection.      
    

Scripture:    On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink.  He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.  John 7:36-38

No comments:

Post a Comment