Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Deregulation   

Definition: To remove government regulatory controls from an industry, a commodity, etc.

Christianity is a world that is a great sculptor's shop. We are the statues and there a rumor going around the shop that some of us are some day going to come to life.  C.S. Lewis

An infinite God can give all of Himself to each of His children. He does not distribute Himself that each may have a part, but to each one He gives all of Himself as fully as if there were no others.  A.W. Tozer

Have you ever tried to get electricity? I was doing that recently and I was amazed at how much time this took. In layman terms this is how it works.  You call company XYZ to get the ESI number for your meter.  You then call the Retail Electricity Provider, but to make this simple we’ll call them REC for short.  They will ask you all kinds of questions about your first born, what country you come from, where you ate last week, who you spoke to yesterday, and they may even call the FBI to check you out.  I’m just kidding but it sure felt like that at the time.  Then even if you already have electricity with this company they will check your credit and payment history to make sure you are worthy of their service. 

Then they will send you to company LMNOP because these are the guys who actually go out and hook up your meter or set up a pole and they are also the ones who regulate your kilowatts or kWh.  
 
So as I am setting this up, since I was on the phone with them for an hour and a half, I decided to ask some questions in order to get a better understanding of deregulation.  When I asked company LMNOP what exactly they have to do in the process, the representative told me “think of us as the biller”.  

So after you are warned you are being recorded, for training purposes of course, then they read you your TOS or “terms of service”.  They start out with the PURA or Public Utility Regulatory Act, (this is to help you understand what all this means), then if you live in Texas you get the YRAC, the PUCT and the REP.  These stand for Your Rights As a Customer, Public Utility Commission of Texas and your Retail Electric Provider.

This is what I figured out.  I don’t know beans about my kWh and my REP really didn’t explain my YRAC well enough for me to understand the PURA. This whole process is used to wear you down so that you won’t question how much the REP is going to charge you for your ELEC. I also started thinking; maybe it’s time for me to get a Pedal-A-Watt Bicycle Generator.  I won’t have to read the fine print and I can stay in shape at the same time.  What a concept!!

This is what I learned about God from this process.  I praise God that he is not this complicated.  He doesn’t send us to someone else for clarification or explanation.  We are able to go directly to the Source.  When Jesus died on the cross the veil was torn and we were allowed direct access to our Savior.  What a comfort it is to know we can talk to our Heavenly Father any time or any place.

Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, sometimes we humans like to complicate things.  I praise You for making salvation available to everyone who seeks You.  Thank you for sending your Son to die on the cross for my sins so that I could live.  
       

Scripture: And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, and yielded up His spirit.  Then, behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth quaked, and the rocks were split, and the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised; and coming out of the graves after His resurrection, they went into the holy city and appeared to many.  Matthew 27:50-53

No comments:

Post a Comment