Thursday, November 3, 2016

Miracles

How quickly we forget God's great deliverances in our lives. How easily we take for granted the miracles he performed in our past. David Wilkerson

Miracle - an extraordinary event in the physical world that surpasses all known human or natural powers and is considered a work of God.

Do you ever think about the miracles in your life?  Too many times, if you are like me, we have a tendency to forget about God’s miracles in our lives.  God answers our prayers and performs a miracle but we forget that miracle until we need another one.

During Jesus’ time on earth He performed many miracles.  He continued to perform miracles throughout His time on earth.  We are so blessed that He didn’t wake up one day and decide He wasn’t going to perform miracles any more. Can you imagine how frustrated He must have been with the people back then?  But wait, we do the same thing today.  We must frustrate Him to no end. 

One of the major miracles in my life was surviving cancer.  The statistics are not good for someone with ovarian cancer.  To understand the miracle of that fact, I didn’t have to look any further than my support group at the hospital where I was treated. 

The hospital decided to do an article about ovarian cancer in their newsletter.  They had all of the survivors go down to the wig shop at the cancer center and they took a photo of all of us together.  That photo appeared on the front cover of the newsletter.  I still have that newsletter in the drawer in my living room.  If I need a reminder about the miracles that God performs daily, I pull that newsletter out and look at the picture.  In that photo of 20 women there are only 6 still living.  I am one of the 6. 

If you are looking for a miracle in your circumstance consider the following things.  When miracles happen it is not just one person standing alone.  I didn’t stand alone when I battled cancer.  I had family, friends and people I didn’t even know praying.  Second, I had God in my corner.  I knew Him, loved Him and put my faith in Him.  Third, I had to let God lead me.  When you are in the midst of cancer you have to make decisions and the best decision you will ever make it to allow God to lead you.  He knows what is going to happen.  Why wouldn’t we want to give the control to Him? 
   

Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, I am again reminded of how many miracles You have performed in my life.  I didn’t deserve the miracle you performed by saving me from dying of cancer, but I can spend the rest of my life thanking You, allowing you to lead me and telling others what You did for me. You are the bread of life and with You I will never hunger or thirst. With You I will have everlasting life. 
  

Scripture: Jesus answered them and said, “Most assuredly, I say to you, you seek Me, not because you saw the signs, but because you ate of the loaves and were filled. Do not labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to everlasting life, which the Son of Man will give you, because God the Father has set His seal on Him.” 


Then they said to Him, “What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?”


Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”


Therefore they said to Him, “What sign will You perform then, that we may see it and believe You? What work will You do? Our fathers ate the manna in the desert; as it is written, ‘He gave them bread from heaven to eat.’”


Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, Moses did not give you the bread from heaven, but My Father gives you the true bread from heaven.  For the bread of God is He who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”


Then they said to Him, “Lord, give us this bread always.”



And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst. But I said to you that you have seen Me and yet do not believe. All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out. For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.  This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day. And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”  John 6:26-40

No comments:

Post a Comment