Friday, November 30, 2012


Bad Driving  

 
Real Life Insurance Claims

I had been learning to drive with power steering. I turned the wheel to what I thought was enough and found myself in a different direction going the opposite way.
I pulled away from the side of the road, glanced at my mother-in-law and headed over the embankment.

I knew the dog was possessive about the car but I would not have asked her to drive it if I had thought there was any risk.

Coming home I drove into the wrong house and collided with a tree I haven’t got.

Cow wandered into my car. I was afterwards informed that the cow was half-witted.

I wonder if I am the only one who notices bad drivers.  This morning I get on the freeway and there is a van in front of me.  I am several car lengths behind him so it gives me plenty of time to observe his driving habits. 
First, I notice he had a big dent in the back panel of the van.  Well I know there are a lot of people driving around with dents in their car so I don’t think much of it.  So I let my mind wander on to other things when all of a sudden he bounces off of the retaining wall in the center of the road.  He swerves a little bit then continues driving.  I’m thinking most people would pull over to see what kind of damage was done to the car.  Not this guy.  He just kept on driving. 

At this point I decide to get over in the lane farthest from where he is driving because I am not taking any chances with this guy.  As I drive by I see he has a big dent in the driver’s side of the car.  I pull past him and then he changes lanes and gets behind me.  The first thing that popped into my head is maybe this guy wants a dent on every side of the car so they will all match and since he doesn’t have one in the front maybe he wants to hit me from behind.
I must admit that I started speeding.  I couldn’t get away from this guy fast enough.  Then I look up in front of me and a car crosses two lanes and then pulls over in the median and passes another car in the fast lane in the median. 

This started me thinking, how many times do we pray to God that we will have a safe journey wherever we are going.  The number of times God has saved me in bad driving situations are too numerous to count. God blesses us in the smallest ways every day and sometimes we don’t even realize it.  So today I thank God for the blessing of getting me to work in one piece and not letting that guy driving the dented van use me as a decoration for the front of his car. 
Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, there are days when I don’t even remember how I got to work.  I get distracted and I will sit down at my desk and not even remember how I got there. I pray that You will help me to keep my eyes focused on You. Thank you for saving me and protecting me.  
           
Scripture:   Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;  and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:5-7

No comments:

Post a Comment