Wednesday, November 28, 2012


Religious  

 
How can the Church be received as a trustworthy guide in the invisible, which falls into so many errors in the visible? ~John W. Draper

We as Christians have a great responsibility to others.  The thing is we will be judged more harshly by others when we claim Christianity. 
I had a conversation last week that stopped me in my tracks.  I was talking to a gentleman and had asked him what he was doing for Thanksgiving.  He explained that he was going to spend it with his wife.  I asked if he had any other family and he told me his wife had a sister but they didn’t get along.  He told me she was very religious and that her children were also.  He said when they got together on rare occasions, he always felt judged so they didn’t enjoy spending time with them. 

This started me thinking about our lives as Christians.  We walk a very fine line because we will be judged more harshly by non-Christians just because of our faith.  It also means that we have to be more careful in the life we lead on earth. 
When he made the comment I was speechless.  I wasn’t really sure how to respond.  I wanted to proclaim my faith but I was unprepared to respond in a way that would draw him closer to faith and not push him further away.  It is a question I often ask myself.  How do you draw others to Christ without turning them off completely? 

I think the answer lies somewhere between what we say and how we live.  If we don’t live every day reflecting the Christian life that God expects, then how will be prove to someone who is not a Christian, that there is another better life. 
I admit I struggle with this every day and pray that I will be prepared with an answer the next time that issue comes up. 

Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, I am sometimes speechless when someone comments about Christians judging other non-believers.  I want to draw them to You but sometimes I don’t know how to answer.  I pray that You will give me the words to say but also let my actions in my daily life always reflect what a true Christian should be.              
Scripture:  I thank my God, making mention of you always in my prayers, hearing of your love and faith which you have toward the Lord Jesus and toward all the saints, that the sharing of your faith may become effective by the acknowledgment of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus. For we have great joy and consolation in your love, because the hearts of the saints have been refreshed by you, brother.  Philemon 1:4-7

No comments:

Post a Comment