Friday, November 1, 2013

Surveys

The God who is worthy to be known and served for who He is, is Himself the answer to this world's longings. And those who know Him best are best equipped to serve Him. He is their message. If we have discovered the glory of God in the face of Christ, we must not hold back. The God of glory must be made known.  Tom Wells
One of my responsibilities at work is to sell my bosses sports tickets if he decides not to use them. This week I had tickets to sell so I went onto the website to list the tickets. The problem is when I went out to sell the tickets certain “enhancements” had been done on the website.  By enhancements, I mean they changed the way the screen looks so that it is unrecognizable.  So I have tickets and a parking pass to sell.  In the process you are required to print your tickets, (which allows you to download them to your computer), and then you can upload them onto the site to sell. 

So I am moving through the site reading all the new screens and one of the newer screens is one where it requires you to look at each uploaded ticket and select a button that says “Yes” I want to sell this ticket and then you press a button that says please confirm because if you do this wrong you will incur extra charges.  So I click through all the tickets and then I try to upload the parking pass and it starts looping me back through the tickets and gives me a message that says, “You must replace one ticket with the parking pass.  You only have space for four items.”  So at this point I call the contact number because I am stuck in a neverendingloopingnightmare. 
A representative gets on the line and I explain the situation.  I ask her why they changed the website?  She says, “It is due to customer requests for enhancements to the site.”  So she then tries to walk with me through the process and she can’t get it to work either so she says, “Can I put you on hold “briefly” so I can determine how to fix the problem." 

As I am sitting on hold I get another call on my phone and it is my boss, so I hang up.  I return to the site the next day and the screen is totally different.  It is not even the same screens I used before and I have no problem getting the tickets listed along with the parking pass. 
Here’s the kicker.  This morning I get to work and I have a survey online from the company where I sell the tickets and this is what it says, Thank you for using our site. We are always working to improve the ticket listing experience and have randomly selected you to participate in our Customer Experience survey. If you have 5 minutes to spare, we would appreciate hearing about your ticket listing experience.

Do you ever get the feeling that your computer knows more about you than you think? I’m thinking random selection is not the case; they know where I live and work. 

Have you ever asked yourself if we took God’s survey about how we are doing as a Christian what would our response would be?  The following is a sampling of questions and I took the liberty of revising them for God’s survey.

Select 1 through 10 (1 meaning poor and 10 being excellent) and other options Falls Short or N/A. (by the way this is exactly the options in the online survey for this company).

1.    How well is your life organized?

2.    Are you using My tools wisely?

3.    Have you navigated through my Instruction Manual?

4.    Have you navigated through all the Books?

5.    Usefulness of the selling tools.

6.    Were Jesus’ instructions clear enough? 

7.    How useful are the tools I provided for salvation?

8.    Did you complete the process? Repentance & Baptism

9.    Did the disciples give you a variety of tools to use?

10. Would you recommend me to someone else?

11.  Am I accessible?

12.  Do you try to make changes to My Word?

13.  Am I your primary resource in times of trouble?

14.  How likely are you to refer others to me in the future?

15.  How likely are you to return to Me and My Resource in the future?

16.  Have you looked elsewhere besides Me for peace, love and hope?

17. How does your relationship with Me compare to your other relationships?

18. What reason do you have for not accepting me as your Savior?

19. Did I explain the commission/fee structure well enough? 

20. Which tools from my resource are you using to help others know Me?

21. I provided My Son as an instant download.  Why haven’t you accepted Him as your Savior?

22. Did I make it clear how you can receive payment for following Me?


Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, I don’t think I would do so well in the response to Your survey.  You give me everything I need in one manual that will help me live a Christian life and within the pages of this manual, Jesus and the many others listed in the Bible have given clear instructions for me to follow.  Help me to do a better job of glorifying You in everything I do and to study Your Manual so that I can show others Your great love.
   
Scripture: Therefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, do not cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers: that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints,  and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places,  far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come.  Ephesians 1:15-21

No comments:

Post a Comment