Friday, December 20, 2013

Missing Him

God is looking for imperfect men and women who have learned to walk in moment-by-moment dependence on the Holy Spirit. Christians who have come to terms with their inadequacies, fears, and failures. Believers who have become discontent with 'surviving' and have taken the time to investigate everything God has to offer in this life. Charles Stanley
Have you ever missed God?  By that I mean, have you ever looked back at an incident that occurred and thought, “That was God trying to speak to me and I totally missed it.”  I have done that over and over again in my life.  God was doing His best to get my attention and I was so busy or distracted that I missed His presence. 

The only way we can know He is speaking to us is if we are constantly thinking about Him.  God wants to direct our path but we are often too involved in other things to notice.  We can often tell when He is speaking to us through someone or something by doing the scripture test.  If you are trying to see Him, slow down and think about every encounter throughout your day and if it agrees with what the Bible says then God is probably speaking to you. 
There are days when I am working and there are so many different people pulling me in different directions and so many things to do that I will sometimes make a mistake. The way God works in my life is I will start getting this nagging feeling that I am forgetting something.  What I have learned through experience is to stop what I am doing and think about whatever thing it is that is causing the unrest in my mind.  It has happened over and over again where I will focus back on that one thing and that has allowed me to fix the mistake I made before anyone else knows about it. 

Another thing I do when this happens is I immediately stop what I am doing and praise God. What I believe is that God is speaking to me through the Holy Spirit living in me.  If I am not paying attention or if I get arrogant and start thinking I corrected my mistake all on my own, then I have missed the whole point. God wants to help us, but too many times instead of realizing that it is through His power that we are missing some of the obstacles in life, we totally miss the blessing of Him.  
Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, there are stories in the Bible where people were speaking to Jesus and didn’t even realize who He was and what an amazing opportunity they were missing.  I can’t even imagine being in Jesus’ presence.  A living breathing Jesus!!  I look forward to the day when I can touch His hand in person.  What a glorious day that will be!!           

Scripture: A woman of Samaria came to draw water. Jesus said to her, “Give Me a drink.” For His disciples had gone away into the city to buy food. Then the woman of Samaria said to Him, “How is it that You, being a Jew, ask a drink from me, a Samaritan woman?” For Jews have no dealings with Samaritans.

Jesus answered and said to her, “If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, ‘Give Me a drink,’ you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water.”

The woman said to Him, “Sir, You have nothing to draw with, and the well is deep. Where then do You get that living water? Are You greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well, and drank from it himself, as well as his sons and his livestock?”

Jesus answered and said to her, “Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.” John 4:7-14

No comments:

Post a Comment