Monday, May 19, 2014

Battle Scars

Only good things come from God's hands. He never gives you more than you can bear. Every burden prepares you for eternity.  Basilea Schlink

Have you figured out we are in the biggest battle of our lives and that battle scars will happen in this life?  Jesus came here to save the lost and the scars on his hands and feet will never fade. 

Have you ever had surgery?  I have had one surgery in my life and it left a permanent scar.  It has faded over time but for me it is a constant reminder of what Jesus did for me on the cross.  It is also a constant reminder of what God did for me in healing me from cancer. Any time I see it I am reminded of God grace and mercy.   

Scars are battle wounds.  They are the wounds from conflict.  They can be the wounds from illness, war, and even wounds from verbal abuse.  Because there is conflict in the world we live in, there will be battle scars.  Some people will have more than others.  How we handle the scars of life can draw us closer to God or push us further away.

When Jesus died on the cross he came away from that experience with permanent scars.  He will bear the scars of our sin forever.  Each one of us will face battles in our everyday life.  I have learned to look at my battle scars with thanksgiving.  Each one draws me closer to our Heavenly Father.  They help me to see the profound and amazing gift Jesus gave me; the gift of life through the scars of death.   

Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, I was thinking about Jesus and His death on the cross.  He fought the most important battle and died for it.  He carries our sin in the scars on his hands and feet.  I praise You Father for loving me enough to send Your Son to die for my sin.
 

Scripture: Now Thomas, called the Twin, one of the twelve, was not with them when Jesus came. The other disciples therefore said to him, “We have seen the Lord.”


So he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.”


And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, “Peace to you!” Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.”


And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”



Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”  John 20:24-29

No comments:

Post a Comment