Friday, July 18, 2014

There Is More To Life

Faith is to believe what we do not see, and the reward of this faith is to see what we believe.  Augustine

Over the years as I walk along my Christian journey I have found that there is more to life than what I can see.  This one statement describes who God is.  We can’t see Him or touch Him in the physical sense.  You aren’t going to be walking down the street one day and see God in all His glory. First of all, we would be blinded by His amazing glory, and second that is what faith is all about.  “being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see” (Hebrews 11:1).

When we decide to take this amazing journey with the Lord, we aren’t going to schedule a meeting with Him in person so He can evaluate our capabilities or qualifications.  First of all we aren’t qualified so we can take that off our resume.  It is not going to matter if we are tall or short, fat or thin, smart or rich.  Our worldly qualifications don’t matter.  You can be a Harvard grad and still not be qualified to be a Christian.

I read the book “Not Many Mighty” where the author talks about how truly unqualified every person in the Bible was except Jesus.  David fought a giant, Noah built a boat, Peter denied Jesus, three times no less, and still God used each of these unqualified individuals for His service. 

When we finally realize that we are not qualified, that is when we finally understand that “There is more to life than what I can see, so I believe.” 

Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, I don’t always exercise faith in You. Remind me that there is more to life than what I can physically see.  The one thing I do know is that it is not necessary to physically see You for me to believe.  Some people may call me crazy, but I know I have seen You at work in my life even though I can’t physically see You or touch You.  I praise You and want to be Your faithful servant.  I place my hope and faith in You and that is all I need in this life. 
   

Scripture: By Faith We Understand


Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good testimony. By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.


Faith at the Dawn of History


By faith Abel offered to God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, through which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts; and through it he being dead still speaks. By faith Enoch was taken away so that he did not see death, “and was not found, because God had taken him”; for before he was taken he had this testimony, that he pleased God.  But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. By faith Noah, being divinely warned of things not yet seen, moved with godly fear, prepared an ark for the saving of his household, by which he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness which is according to faith.  Hebrews 11:1-7

No comments:

Post a Comment