Thursday, November 20, 2014

Katherine

Forget yourself and live for others, for it is more blessed to give than to receive. A.B. Simpson

Last week we had a lot of amazing God things happen so I want to tell you about the one that touched me the most. 

We had a little girl named Katherine who came into our booth last week.  She was the prettiest little girl with big blue eyes and long blond hair.  She is ten years old.  That in and of itself isn’t really amazing but the rest of her story is.

When Katherine was four years old she was burned over 70% of her body.  I didn’t ask the details but I also found out that her dad had been burned too.  They had to take grafts from her scalp for other parts of her body.  Her mother told us that they had the hardest time with her feet. The scars on her feet would get dry and crack.  I am not sure how they did it but they were able to get her hair to grow again and it was down to the middle of her back and she said she wanted it to grow to her feet. 

I looked at this little girl who had scars covering most of her arms and the majority of her body and I thought about how blessed I am.  I also thought about how strong she is.  I looked into her blue eyes and saw a survivor.  Many of you know that we give candles to cancer survivors.  It is just a small thing but I can’t tell you how many times we have acknowledged another person’s survival and the person just starts crying.  We had several of those last week. 

My Mom and I decided to give her something different.  I leaned over the table and told her that she was a survivor just like me and that we wanted to give her something.  We told her to pick out a lotion that she liked.  I wish you could have seen her face light up. That alone was worth the trip.

I have been blessed to have the opportunity to touch other people’s lives through my parents business.  My favorite time is when we give something away for free.  Many would say that we are giving away our profit.  I would say we are showing others who Jesus is and no amount of money can replace that feeling of joy when you bless someone else with kindness when it is least expected.    
    
Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, I praise You for giving me the opportunity to bless others through my parents business.  Katherine is a special little girl and I pray that You will  fill her life with blessings.  Her attitude showed me You all over again, and I for that I am grateful and thankful. 
      

Scripture: Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.”  Luke 6:38

No comments:

Post a Comment