Thursday, November 6, 2014

Never a Dull Moment

We often think of great faith as something that happens spontaneously so that we can be used for a miracle or healing. However, the greatest faith of all, and the most effective, is to live day by day trusting Him. It is trusting in Him so much, that we look at every problem as an opportunity to see His work in our life.  Rick Joyner

Life is funny isn’t it?  If you look at it from a heavenly perspective, the things we worry about don’t always happen and the things we never thought of do.  I have come to the conclusion that in this world if I wait long enough something interesting will happen eventually.

Last night I was going to the store to buy trouser socks. It is getting cooler here in Texas so I was wearing trousers and needed trouser socks to wear with my trousers.  So yesterday I spent 15 minutes trying to locate two matching trouser socks.  Have you noticed that when your trouser socks get to the laundry room they break up?  It’s like they have a great relationship in the package, but once they hit the laundry room the relationship is over and one of them disappears never to be found again.  I personally think they met up with a towel or sheet and now they are static clinging somewhere together. 

Anyway, after I left work I stopped by my sister’s house to pick up something.  My “Green Machine” was running great at that point.  I had to stop at Home Depot, not for trouser socks, but for lights and bulbs.  So I go into Home Depot, come out put the key in the ignition and click.  Nothing, notta, no go.  So as most wives do I called my husband.  He tells me to look behind the seat for the wrench and go tap the battery cables.  By the way, my new car is still in the shop with its guts on the ground.
 
So I open the hood and one of the Green Machine’s battery cables is corroded.  So I decide to go back into Home Depot to buy a Coke.  Not because I am thirsty but I will pour it on my battery cables to clean them.  Since my Green Machine didn’t stop running at the auto parts store I used what was available.

As a side note I did go into Home Depot at my husband’s suggestion to ask them if they sell the spray to remove acid and the two extremely young clerks looked at me like I had grown two heads.  When I saw the deer in the headlight looks they gave each other I moved on to plan B.  Do you sell Coke here?  The young girl’s face lit up.  “Oh, yes we do, over in the case behind the register.”  I am not sure what they are teaching kids these days in school but they are missing out on the important stuff.
   
I get back to the Green Machine and pour the Coke on the cables.  It starts foaming and cleaning the cables immediately.  I get back in the car and try to start it.  Nothing.  So I call my husband and he tells me he is on his way.  To make this extremely long story shorter, he drives up, gets out of his truck, pops the hood, taps each of the cables with a wrench and the Green Machine starts right up. 
    
What is the moral of this story?  I didn’t get my trouser socks, Coke will eat the acid off your battery cables in a pinch and things are going to happen in life that will frustrate you and make you ask yourself “Why am I here?”  The answer is we are here for God’s purpose.  That’s it.  It’s not some complicated formula that we need a Master’s degree in rocket science to figure out.  We are His to be used for His purpose.  Make the most of every circumstance that comes your way and use it for His Glory. 

Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, I praise You for the challenges in my life because they show me glimpses of You.  There is a great peace that comes over me when I leave it up to You to work out the details of my simple life.  I love you Father.    
  

Scripture: Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but share with me in the sufferings for the gospel according to the power of God, who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began, but has now been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who has abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel, to which I was appointed a preacher, an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.  For this reason I also suffer these things; nevertheless I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day.  2 Timothy 1:8-12

No comments:

Post a Comment