Monday, October 8, 2012


Permission to Send  

 

Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.  But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.  That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:8-10


I received a message from Microsoft today.  They wanted my permission to use a list of phrases I have used while typing to improve their software.  They want to help me and others with locating words and phrases that would benefit me when I do spell check and grammar check on my computer. 

I don’t know about you but I haven’t ever received that message.  The thing is most of the phrases they wanted permission to review were all from my devotionals.  So as I often do I thought to myself, is this God sending me a message to give them permission to look at my phrases. There were a few words in there and even my signature line.  Now you have the option to delete any of the phrases you don’t want them to use, it is anonymous and they won’t tell everyone that you can’t spell worth a flip.  You also have the option to never have this pop up again.

So this made me stop and think. What if I deleted all the inconsequential phrases like my signature line and several unimportant words and sent all of the phrases and sentences that talked about God.  Some guy at Microsoft will have to read the entries and wouldn’t it be just like God to do an amazing work in someone who may not know Him in this most unorthodox manner. 

I must say I get a real kick out of how God works.  He makes me laugh and chuckle and even though my co-workers may look at me funny, this is what joy is all about. 

By the way, I did exactly that.  I deleted the unimportant stuff and sent all the God stuff.  I can’t wait to get to heaven one day and meet the Microsoft guy who read my phrases.

 
Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, I love the way you work through us in the most unlikely ways.  I think of Gideon whose clan was the weakest and he was the least in his family.  The Lord called him a mighty warrior.  Father I pray that you will one day call on me to be a mighty warrior for the kingdom of God and that I will see that it is Your hand at work in my life.  Help me to not miss the opportunities You throw my way. 

Scripture:   When the angel of the Lord appeared to Gideon, he said, “The Lord is with you, mighty warrior.”  “Pardon me, my lord,” Gideon replied, “but if the Lord is with us, why has all this happened to us? Where are all his wonders that our ancestors told us about when they said, ‘Did not the Lord bring us up out of Egypt?’ But now the Lord has abandoned us and given us into the hand of Midian.” The Lord turned to him and said, “Go in the strength you have and save Israel out of Midian’s hand. Am I not sending you?” “Pardon me, my lord,” Gideon replied, “but how can I save Israel? My clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my family.” The Lord answered, “I will be with you, and you will strike down all the Midianites, leaving none alive.” Judges 6:12-16

No comments:

Post a Comment