Tuesday, October 16, 2012

My Rock


Every happening, great and small, is a parable whereby God speaks to us, and the art of life is to get the message. ~Malcolm Muggeridge


I was thinking about God and how he is my Rock.  I decided to look up the definition of rock.  You know how when you look up something online there are always advertisements linked to everything on the worldwide web.  Well there was another phrase called rock god that I saw and I wondered what that meant.  So I clicked on it and this is what I found.

This is an actual song that is sung by a young person but it doesn’t mean the same thing as what I think of with my God the Father, my Rock.  What rock god means is that so many people worship a singer or group that they are called a rock god.  This really disturbed me and broke my heart.  In the words of the song a preacher approaches her to try to convince her of God and his existence and one of the lines says “Forgive me for I know not what I do.” 

I felt this hurt in the deep recesses of my heart.  The God that I love and worship, the One and only true God, is being ridiculed by people.  But that is nothing new in this world.  I just saw a newscast about how it has come up again about taking “In God We Trust” out of courtrooms.  When will it end?  When God has had enough it will come to an end.    

This is the thing, when God decides to come back this time it will be much worse than drowning everyone on earth like he did in Noah’s time.

What breaks God's heart should also break ours. 

Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, “May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.” Psalm 19:14

 
Scripture: “My heart rejoices in the Lord; in the Lord my horn is lifted high.  My mouth boasts over my enemies, for I delight in your deliverance.  “There is no one holy like the Lord; there is no one besides you; there is no Rock like our God.   Do not keep talking so proudly or let your mouth speak such arrogance, for the Lord is a God who knows, and by him deeds are weighed.  1 Samuel 2:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment