Friday, October 11, 2013

Tuned In

I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in.  George Washington Carver
We all have radios in our cars.  I was thinking about how God works and in many ways it is like the radio in our car.  My radio has a scan and seek function or button.  There all kinds of stations to choose from and all we have to do is hit the scan or seek button and the radio will automatically start running through all the stations available to try to find the one with the best frequency. 

There is a difference between the two buttons.  The scan button will run continuously through the stations and stay on one station for a few seconds to see if this particular station is one you want to listen to.  If you don’t manually touch the button again it will continue on to the next station and the next until you stop it.  The seek button will scan to a station and stop on it until you hit the button again. Then there is the tune button.  This button helps you fine tune the frequency so that you get the best reception. 
So if you take all the buttons and apply them to God in your life, it might work something like this.  God is broadcasting to us all the time.  His is the station with the best and clearest reception.  So sometimes we hit the scan button and we let the radio run through all the stations never stopping on any one particular station.  Then other times we decide to hit the seek button and it will stop on each broadcasting station. The problem with this button is that we often select a station that is not God’s broadcasting station.  So if we stop on that one, we may never see what God has in store for us because we are on the wrong frequency.  Then there is the tune button.  This one is my favorite.  It allows us to tune in to God’s broadcasting station so that we can hear is voice at the optimum frequency. 

Here is the question.  Do you want to get the best reception on God’s broadcast?  The only way we will be able to do that is to tune in.  If we are never listening to the right station we will never hear Him.  Tuning in can mean reading His Word in the Bible or meditating on Him or just thinking about him throughout our daily life.  If I never tune in or seek Him how do I ever expect to hear of the great things He has in store for my life.  Are you tuning in? 
Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, I spent many years not tuning in to You and Your Word.  I wasted so much time on worthless stations that never brought me any closer to You.  Through the trials in my life that You allowed, I have become more tuned in to hear Your voice and I am forever grateful for Your constant presence.  Jesus made it possible for me to tune in directly to You without interference.  If I choose, I am able to speak to You every day and hear Your voice any time.  I praise You.       
Scripture: “Behold, the days are coming,” says the Lord God, “That I will send a famine on the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord.  They shall wander from sea to sea, and from north to east; they shall run to and fro, seeking the word of the Lord, but shall not find it.  Amos 8:11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment