Thursday, February 26, 2015

Missing the Signs

Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines.  Robert H. Schuller

I was driving to work this morning and since we had ice everywhere the past few days I noticed signs missing on the freeway.  By missing I mean they had been knocked down by motorists who lost control and took out the signs.  They were no longer standing. 

I started thinking about how often we miss God’s signs.  Every day we are given signs by God.  Sometimes we miss His signs because we are in too much of a hurry and we neglect time with our Heavenly Father.  How many times do we decide to put off today because we think we can do it tomorrow?

There is no person on earth that is guaranteed tomorrow.  God wants to draw us nearer to Him but how many times are we distracted by other stuff.  Sometimes God is speaking to us through other people, or through the things that happen in our life and we miss the signs.  If we believe Romans 8:28 “that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose” then we should be continuously looking for His signs.      

How do we not miss God’s signs?  First, we need to be constantly searching for what He wants us to learn.  If there are problems in your life ask yourself, “What is God trying to teach me or show me?”  Second we need to always be alert.  We can learn all kinds of things about God by observing our surroundings.  Third, we should listen to those around us, evaluate what they are saying and if it follows what the Bible teaches us then we should dig deeper.  On the other hand if what someone is telling us goes against God’s Word then beat a hasty retreat. 

God is waiting for each of us to follow Him.  Don’t miss the signs.

Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, as I drove by signs this morning that were mangled and lying on the ground I missed what they were trying to tell me.  I often do the same thing with people in my life or circumstances.  You are trying to point me in the right direction but sometimes I miss them, not because they are lying on the ground, but because I am running through life too fast.  Help me to slow down and always be on the lookout for Your Signs.  
      

Scripture: Do Not Neglect Salvation


Therefore we must give the more earnest heed to the things we have heard, lest we drift away. For if the word spoken through angels proved steadfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just reward, how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation, which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by those who heard Him, God also bearing witness both with signs and wonders, with various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit, according to His own will?  Hebrews 2: 1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment