Monday, April 13, 2015

Back On My Feet Again

Our God has boundless resources. The only limit is in us. Our asking, our thinking, our praying are too small. Our expectations are too limited.  A. B. Simpson


I was listening to the music on my phone this morning on the way to work.  There is a song by Jonny Lang called “On My Feet Again”.  Have you ever noticed that when you need it most, something or someone will speak to you that will get you back on your feet again. 

Sometimes when you are hanging by your fingernails on the ledge of life, you hear a song or someone speaks to you or you read something and it gets you back on your feet again.  I believe God works that way.  One thing I have learned in life is that you have to keep your mind and thoughts focused on God in order to get back on your feet again when life knocks you down. 

God knows our need.  You don’t have to draw Him a picture, write Him a letter or pick up the phone to get in touch with Him.  Too many times we make communication with God more difficult than it needs to be.  Getting on our knees is the place to start.  When we get on our knees we are admitting our lowly sinful status.  We are letting God know we understand how mighty He is.  It is a form of worship to get on our knees and ask for His help in whatever need we have in life. 

One of the verses in this song goes like this:

“On my own I just can’t get it right
It doesn’t matter how hard I try
But with You I become a much stronger man
Getting on my knees puts me back on my feet again.”

Are you trying to get back on your feet again?  Are there things in your life that you don’t have the answers to.  If you are in a broken place in your life; get on your knees.  God will help get you back on your feet again.
 
   
Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, there are times in my life when I don’t spend enough time on my knees talking to You.  Instead I go into fix-it mode and think I can handle whatever it is on my own.  The problem is on my own I just can't get it right.  Remind me that You are an amazing God who loves me.  You are there through any trial I may face in this life.  Turning to You is the safest place I can be.
    
      

Scripture: Praise for God’s Deliverance

Then David spoke to the Lord the words of this song, on the day when the Lord had delivered him from the hand of all his enemies, and from the hand of Saul. And he said: “The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; The God of my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, My stronghold and my refuge; My Savior, You save me from violence. I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised; So shall I be saved from my enemies. “When the waves of death surrounded me, the floods of ungodliness made me afraid. The sorrows of Sheol surrounded me; the snares of death confronted me.  In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried out to my God; He heard my voice from His temple, and my cry entered His ears. 2 Samuel 22:1-7

No comments:

Post a Comment