Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Who Do You Depend On?

When we dare to depend entirely upon God and do not doubt, the humblest and feeblest agencies will become mighty through God, to the pulling down of strongholds. A.B. Simpson

I started thinking this morning about who I depend on.  There are family members and friends and even acquaintances that I depend on for different reasons.  Sometimes we depend on them to get work to us so that we can complete our job and other times we depend on them to be there for us when things go south; and in this life, things will go south at one point or another.  

When I started thinking about how I depend on other’s I thought of the most important One I depend on.  God.  When I think of who I depend on the most the first one who comes to mind is God.  The one constant thing in my life that I can depend on when everyone else may fail me is God.  He will never forsake me.  He doesn’t have an unknown agenda.  The Bible lays it all out for me in black and white and it points me to Whom I can depend in times of trouble. 

So when the tough times come and tragedy strikes He is where I turn because I know He is dependable.  I was talking to someone this week and it occurred to me that this person doesn’t know and understand God the way I do.  From our conversations, I can tell this person depends more on their own abilities to see them through the tough things in life instead of depending on God. 

I was that person at one time in my life.  I depended on myself to get me through hardships and the crisis’ in my life but over time I learned that my abilities and actions didn’t get me through the hardships; God did.  When we finally realize who is in control of our life and that He knows everything that will happen in it; we can then let go and let Him.  We can lean on Him and depend on Him.  When we understand that He wants the best for us we can be free to worship Him as He intended.  It won’t matter what the outcome of whatever our circumstance is; we can rest in the assurance that He will take care of it.

Depend on the One who gave you life.  There is no One more dependable than God and no one stronger and more capable of taking care of You than Him.

Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, over the years I have learned that You are the One I depend on.  It doesn’t matter what I am going through whether it be sadness, sorrow, fear or worry, You are the one I can depend on to see me through it.  Remind me that You are dependable and that You have proven it over and over again.
     

Scripture: God the Rock of Salvation


In You, O Lord, I put my trust; Let me never be put to shame. Deliver me in Your righteousness, and cause me to escape; incline Your ear to me, and save me. Be my strong refuge, to which I may resort continually; You have given the commandment to save me, for You are my rock and my fortress.  Psalm 71:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment