Thursday, May 14, 2015

Dreaming and Doing

Have you ever realized that you can give things to God that are of value to Him? Or are you just sitting around daydreaming about the greatness of His redemption, while neglecting all the things you could be doing for Him? I'm not referring to works which could be regarded as divine and miraculous, but ordinary, simple human things - things which would be evidence to God that you are totally surrendered to Him.  Oswald Chambers

Do you have a dream?  We all have dreams.  Some are the kind you have at night where you wake up perplexed or just plain scared.  Then there are the ones that are based on following God and doing His will.  There is still another type of dream where you want to do something amazing but feel you lack the skills, knowledge, energy or will to do it.

When we have a dream we need to decide what to do with it.  We have a choice.  We can ignore our dream or pursue it.  The best dreams are the ones that are God based.  If your dream has anything to do with pursuing others for Christ, that dream is worth more than gold. The irony of this kind of dream is that you may not see the value of it in this lifetime. 
  
If your dream is inspired by God, you will need faith.  Hebrews 11:1-3 tells us exactly what faith entails.  (“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.  For by it the elders obtained a good testimony.  By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.”)

If we are going to release God’s power in our dream we will need faith.  Peter walked on water until he lost faith.  Too many times I think we allow fear to interfere with our dream.  We let doubt creep in and sometimes we even allow others to deter us from pursuing a God given dream. 

There are several things we should do when we have a God given dream.  We need to share it with someone else.  Why?  Because it makes us accountable to try and move toward making that dream a reality.  Second, sharing it with others attracts other people to the dream who want to help make it happen.  It will even attract some you never dreamed of who will support it along the way.  Third and most important, it releases God’s power to make the dream happen. 

If you have a God dream and are hesitating to move forward, step out in faith and let His power work in it.  God is waiting for you to do something about it so that He can release His power to make it a reality.  Don’t let someone else stop you from pursuing a God given dream.  His kingdom depends on you and me to pursue it with everything in us. 

Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, I have a dream.  I want to write about You.  I sometimes feel like Paul in 2 Corinthians when he was faced with the call of God, he asked, “Who is adequate for these things?” In my very inadequacy, if I place my faith in You I will move from dreaming to doing.  Through You I can do all things because You are the One who gives me the strength to carry them out. I praise You Heavenly Father for the strength You give me to pursue a dream.    

Scripture: But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God. Acts 20:24

No comments:

Post a Comment