Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Knowing Where You’re Going

As soon as a man has found Christ, he begins to find others.  Charles Spurgeon

I really think they should classify driving as a sport.  This morning I was driving to work and I saw this guy driving a truck and it had a Pittsburg Steelers bumper stick on it.  The sticker caught my eye because it was outlined with shiny silver glitter.  I exited off of the freeway and I normally go down this road that has probably fifteen red lights before I get to my turn.  So I get to the first red light and this guy is sitting in the turn lane to go left.  I am sitting in the lane next to him to go straight.  The light changes and I take off.  In a few minutes I see him pass me on the right.  I think he must have decided not to turn at the last red light.  So I drive up to another red light and there he is again in the left turn lane.  So we stop at the light and I take off when it turns green.  A few minutes later this guy passes in the far right lane. 

I am beginning to think this guy doesn’t know where he is going.  I mean, he must be from Pittsburg because he likes the Steelers enough to put their sticker on the back of his truck.  He went through every red light pulling into the turn lane and then once everyone moved through the green light he would change into the lane going straight and do the same thing at the next light. I started thinking maybe Pittsburg has some weird way of driving that I don’t know about.

Too many times I think we leave the house not knowing where we are going.  Have you ever asked yourself, “Where is my final destination?”  “Where do I want to be when my life is over?” Every person you or I meet today has a final destination.  If you know where you are going, why not show someone else how to get there too.  The best directions any of us ever receive in this life are from the best-selling book called the Bible.  Point someone else in that direction.  Their eternal destination depends on it. 

Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, as I watched the people driving it reminded me of You and I thought of Jesus saying to Simon Peter, “Feed my lambs, tend my sheep.”  Our “sole” purpose in life is to be soul-winners.  I must first know where “I” am going before I can point someone else in Your direction.  Give me a heart for winning souls, and the strength and courage to step out in faith to do Your will.          
      

Scripture: The Parable of the Lost Sheep

Then all the tax collectors and the sinners drew near to Him to hear Him. And the Pharisees and scribes complained, saying, “This Man receives sinners and eats with them.” So He spoke this parable to them, saying:


“What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost until he finds it? And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’ I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance.

No comments:

Post a Comment