Thursday, May 7, 2015

God’s Plan

The highest form of worship is the worship of unselfish Christian service.  Billy Graham

Do you ever think about what God’s plan is for you?  There are times when we miss God’s plan for us.  Sometimes it is because of our own pursuit of other things and other times I believe Satan’s hand is involved in our missing an instance where God wants to bless us.   

Every year our church has its members complete a short survey to update their records.  I completed my survey several months ago and never thought anything else about it.  I received an email yesterday from the Children’s Ministry Associate.  He stated that he read my survey and thought I might be interested in opportunities they have in the Children’s Ministry. I will insert here that this email went into my spam folder so I almost missed it.

The email sort of threw me into a panic.  What do I know about kids?  1. I was one once.  2. I have nephews and a niece who are fully grown.  3. I have two grandchildren and a stepdaughter.  That about covers what I know about kids.   Then I asked myself why I felt so intimidated by a bunch of mini-mees. Maybe it is because I have been away from that age group for a long time.  The main reason I think is the fear of the unknown.  But wait, doesn’t it say in 1 John 4:18-19 (“There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. We love Him because He first loved us.”)

I think my problem is I am fearful more than I am faithful.  God has a plan for me and the solution to following His plan is to get rid of the fear and step out in faith.
 

Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, help me to get rid of the fear of failure, the fear of not measuring up and the fear of what could happen.  My purpose on earth is to serve and this is an opportunity to do that in a way that will glorify You.  I praise You for sending this opportunity and may You be glorified in it with my service. 


Scripture: As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. 1 Peter 4:10

No comments:

Post a Comment