Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Forgotten    

We may sometimes think we're a forgotten commodity, but God remembers every one of us who serve Him. Shelton Smith

Have you ever felt like God has forgotten you?  Most of the time I think it is our impatience that often makes us think that God is not there for us.  We want an instant response from our Heavenly Father on everything don’t we? 

I think about the times in my life when I didn’t take my pain, grief, anger and frustrations to God over the years.  To many times we either think that God doesn’t want to hear it, or we think it is not acceptable for us to lay our pain at his feet.  So if we don’t lay it at His feet, what do we do with it?

When we don’t allow God in and tell him about our hurts and pain, we are basically saying that we don’t think God can handle it and we assume that He doesn’t want to hear it.  We then take that pain out on others in our life or we ignore the pain and it hinders our health, breaks relationships and causes all kinds of additional grief. 

One example of someone going to the Lord with his grief and sorrow was Jeremiah in the Book of Lamentations.  The word lament means to mourn or a passionate expression of grief or sorrow.  Jeremiah spent a whole book in the Bible telling God about his sorrow and grief for his people.  In Lamentations 3:18 he even says, “My strength and my hope have perished from the Lord.”

What I find interesting is that in the very same chapter a few verses later Lamentations 3:22-27 he says, “Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not.  They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “Therefore I hope in Him!” The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul who seeks Him. It is good that one should hope and wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.  It is good for a man to bear the yoke in his youth.”

When we feel like giving up is the best time for us to turn to God.  He is listening and will be our strength through the tough times in our lives.  If we ever give up our hope in God our strength will fail.  Take your worries, pain, suffering and problems to God.  He will not fail you and He hasn’t forgotten you.  He wants to hear from you.

Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, I often forget that You are there for me in painful times as well as joyful times.  Remind me that You are my strength in times of trouble and you are always there.  You may not answer in the time frame I think You should but help me to wait patiently on Your timing.  I praise You for allowing me to lay all my troubles at Your feet and for never forgetting me.

Scripture: For the Lord will not cast off forever. Though He causes grief,
yet He will show compassion according to the multitude of His mercies. For He does not afflict willingly, nor grieve the children of men. Lamentations 3:31-33

No comments:

Post a Comment