Monday, September 26, 2016

Optional Equipment

“There comes a time in the spiritual journey when you start making choices from a very different place. And if a choice lines up so that it supports truth, health, happiness, wisdom and love, it’s the right choice. ” Angeles Arrien

I read an advertisement for a new car yesterday.  I was kind of amazed at the number of options on this vehicle.  As I went through the list I started wondering what you would do with all these options. 

There was the Driver Assistance Package.   This one is really sort of vague.  I see plenty of people on the road every day that need Driver Assistance and I don’t mean they are broken down on the side of the road.  I am thinking more along the lines that they need assistance off the freeway never to be allowed back on. 

Then there is the stop and go function, lane assist, side assist and pre-sense plus. Now I understand the stop and go part and I sort of understand the lane assist and side assist but I am really confused about the pre-sense plus.  I am starting to feel a little ignorant on this part because the ad doesn’t give an explanation.   It just lists this one like I should know what it means and I am thinking when you get on the freeway you should already have sense so where does pre-sense come in?

Now when I got to the 22-way power seats with massage function I started getting a little concerned.  I mean what if one of the 22 ways means you are facing backwards or upside down or maybe it just throws you in the back seat because you are such a bad driver.  I can’t really think of 22 different ways for a seat to go and the massage function just downright scares me.  This gives a whole new meaning to asleep at the wheel. 

This vehicle came with 19 speakers, night vision, panoramic sunroof, active blind spot detection and heads-up display.  I am not sure how beneficial a panoramic sunroof would be if you are driving.  If you are looking at the sky and driving I don’t want to be around but I guess if you are busy doing that you may need the heads-up display when you are getting ready to hit the car in front of you because you’re watching the view out the sunroof. 

The final two options also confused me.  I understand the side view but I don’t quite get the top view camera.  I can’t think of one thing I want to be looking at on the roof of my car.  The last option just lost me.  This car has curb weight of 4,000.  4,000 what?  Inches, pounds, cubic feet, kilowatts, cups, and what do you do at the curb with the 4000 when you get there?
.
Thinking of the options on a car made me think of the options God gives us in life.  He didn’t take away our ability to make decisions, or choose which way we will go in life.  Even though He loves us, he gave us free will.  That means we can choose to follow Him or not, we can love one another or not.  We are given free will to choose an eternity in heaven with Him or eternal hell.   It is all up to us which options we will choose.  He doesn’t force us to make a choice he just offers instructions and guidance.  The question is which options will we choose?

Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, You give me the option to choose You. Please help me to make the right choices in my life.  I want to spend eternity with You in heaven.  I pray that You will help me find the wisdom to make the right choices.  My choices can make the difference in my final dwelling place. 


Scripture:   This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the Lord is your life, and he will give you many years in the land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.  Deuteronomy 30:19-20

No comments:

Post a Comment