Thursday, March 16, 2017

Technology Quirks   

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and raining in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

I don’t know how many of you own an iPhone but I do.  So a week ago I get one of those update notices that keep popping up on your phone until you respond.  So after I received the tenth reminder, I decided to download the update.  That’s kinda funny “download the update”.  That’s a whole other subject for a devotional.

Once I downloaded the update it gave me another message that said I was now the proud owner of “two step authentication”.  I think nothing of it until I tried to download a song from iTunes and I receive another message.  This time it tells me someone in Plano is trying to log in to my phone.  That would be me!  So I have my iPad with me and it tells me I need to go to my other device and get the code that was emailed to it and then enter it into my phone.  I go to my iPad and get the code then go back to my phone.  I can’t find where you are supposed to enter the code. 

Here is where I should have contacted my nephew who is a genius and who works for Apple, but it was 5:30am so I don’t think he would appreciate my call.  I tried to do it on my own.  As many of you know I am not a technological wizard so I went to the internet.  I tried every type of search I could think of and still couldn’t figure out where to go.  Finally I searched for “how to turn off two step authentication”.  I was able to turn it off but then I had to give answers to multiple secret questions before I could get back in. I think technology is great, but there are times where I want to throw it out the window.  What is supposed to make my life easier is more complicated. 

Then I started thinking about the lack of technology required to connect with God.  If I memorize scripture, I have God at my fingertips.  I can scroll through the folders in my head and pull out how to save a life by losing it, love others with perfect love and how to be a walking advertisement for God.  I don’t have to know a password or memorize answers to questions to access this amazing Book.  

Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, technology often confuses me.  It is like trying to read a manual that is written in another language.  I am so thankful that the Bible was provided as a testimony to how we should live our lives daily.  There are times when I don’t always understand it, but with faith, study and perseverance, You will reveal the truth to me.  I praise You for providing this amazing gift and for the unimaginable gift of Jesus.   
    

Scripture: He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time, but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel. And of this gospel I was appointed a herald and an apostle and a teacher. That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet this is no cause for shame, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until that day.


What you heard from me, keep as the pattern of sound teaching, with faith and love in Christ Jesus. Guard the good deposit that was entrusted to you—guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us. 2 Timothy 1:9-14

No comments:

Post a Comment