Wednesday, April 3, 2013


Changed  

Scripture speaks about God working everything together "for the good" of those who love him (Rom. 8:28). But what is this "good?" It consists of believers being conformed (changed and remade) to the image of Christ (Rom. 8:29). Thus, all the experiences of life are intended, under the sovereign hand of God, to help us to grow towards the great goal of the Christian life - Christ-likeness.  Sinclair B. Ferguson
I am forever changed.  When you look back on your life do you see a different person than the one who existed before?  It is a slow process and we can be changed for the better or worse depending on how we respond to life’s circumstances.  Depending on what occurs in our lives, we may not realize we are changed.

When I reflect on the past I understand that the only way I could have gotten where I am today is because of God.  There is no other explanation that fits.  It is not because I am wise, smart or talented. 

God created each of us as a work of art in His image.  The best description I know of is we are like a lump of clay to a potter.  We are placed on the potter’s wheel and the shaping begins.  We are molded and shaped by our surroundings, the circumstances that occur in our everyday life and by others around us.

This morning there was a song on the radio called “Changed”.  I love the words because it was how I felt when I rededicated my life to Christ.  When I came up out of the water I was washed clean.  I still make mistakes but I am forever changed.

“I came up out of the water
Raise my hands up to the Father
Gave it all to Him that day
Felt a new wind kiss my face
Walked away, eyes wide open
Could finally see where I was goin'
It didn’t matter where I’ve been
I’m not the same man I was then.

I got off track, I made mistakes
Back slid my way into that place where souls get lost
Lines get crossed
And the pain won’t go away
I hit my knees, now here I stand
There I was, now here I am

I got a lot of “hey I’m sorry's”
The things I’ve done, man that was not me
I wish that I could take it all back
I just want to tell 'em that

I got off track, I made mistakes
Back slid my way into that place where souls get lost
Lines get crossed
And the pain won’t go away
I hit my knees, now here I stand
There I was, now here I am

I’ve changed for the better
More smiles, less bitter
I even started to forgive myself

I hit my knees, I’m here, I stand
There I was, now here I am
I’m changed for the better

Thank God, I'm changed.”
  

Song by Rascal Flatts     

Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, You forever changed my life.  You are the one I can depend on through all the mistakes in my life and I praise you for taking me back each time I fail or disappoint.  Thank You for placing in me the need to be changed into someone more like You.             

Scripture: Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption.  Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed—in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.  For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.”  “O Death, where is your sting? O Hades, where is your victory?” The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.  1 Corinthians 15:50-58

No comments:

Post a Comment