Tuesday, April 23, 2013


GPS   

Abide in Jesus, the sinless One - which means, give up all of self and its life, and dwell in God's will and rest in His strength. This is what brings the power that does not commit sin.  Andrew Murray
You ask for a practical direction to teach you to die well. Detach your souls from everything that you love, separate from God. This, in a few words, is the science of dying.   Louis Bourdaloue

I was sitting at a red lights this morning so I glanced over at the car next to me.  They had a GPS on the dash board.  I started thinking about how GPS has changed the way we get places.  If you have one you don’t have to ever stop at a gas station again to ask for directions from someone who doesn’t know where you are going either. 
Wouldn’t it be cool if there was a God GPS?  Instead of calling it a Global Positioning System I would call it God’s Power Squared. This gizmo would be your warning system when you are heading into dangerous sin territory.  Sin has a way of sneaking up on us and wouldn’t it be great if we had this early warning system.  Instead of saying recalculating a James Earl Jones voice would come on and say “Do you really want to do that?”

We really do have early warning systems built in already.  The problem is we don’t use them as often as we should.  It is kind of like we turn the GPS off because we don’t want to hear her say one more time “recalculating”.  We have the Holy Spirit living in us that sends out warning signals we don’t heed.  We also have friends and family who are our early detection devices when we get off the path.  Sometimes our ego kicks in and we think we know what we are doing so we ignore the signals. 
The Bible is also our Map with all the directions we will ever need.  The problem with this is we often don’t open it, so how do we think we are going to get to our final destination without it.  If we don’t use the Heaven Map God provided we won’t reach the place God has prepared for us. If we use the tools God has given us, our GPS and the Holy Spirit, we are well on our way to finding our final destination.  Plan your trip.  You will be glad you did.           

Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, You give me the tools I will need to get to my final destination.  The problem is sometimes I ignore the directions you so clearly provide and then I get off course.  Sometimes I get so far off course it is hard to find my way back.  Please help me to keep my focus on You and to use the tools You provide.  You have prepared a place for me to live forever with You if I will just heed Your directions.      

Scripture:  “However, the Most High does not dwell in temples made with hands, as the prophet says: ‘Heaven is My throne, and earth is My footstool.  What house will you build for Me? says the Lord, or what is the place of My rest? Has My hand not made all these things?’ Acts 7:48-50

Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.  Romans 5:1-5

 

No comments:

Post a Comment