Thursday, February 6, 2014

The Dream

Our love to God is measured by our everyday fellowship with others and the love it displays. Andrew Murray

Have you ever had a dream to be or do something and someone came up to you and told you that it wasn’t possible or you couldn’t do it?  The discouragement that comes from doubt and disbelief can bring a dream crashing to the ground. 

For the past ten years I have watched my parents build a business.  My Mom had a dream and she and my Dad have pursued it with passion.  They started this business when she was in her 60’s. If I ever question what God can do all I have to do is look at my parents and I am amazed. 

The thing I admire most about them is that their customers come first.  It isn’t about how much they make, but it is about helping others.  In everything they do with their business they are helping people. 

I like to think about what a reporter with a camera would see if they were watching and videoing them.  Every event they do, there are always people who just stop by to visit.  It is not unusual to see them at a farmer’s market with their booth packed with people. Sometimes the majority of those people are just stopping by to visit and get a hug.  The thing is my parents welcome visitors.  The most important part is that the people who just stop by to visit know that they are loved.  The second most important thing is every person on earth is just a visitor here and if we want to make a difference in this world for God, love is where it starts.  

We are only here for two things.  We are to learn to love God and other people. My parents have taught me how to love God and other people.  I pray that I can be an example to others as they have been to me. 

Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, over the years I have watched my parents build a business based on faith and love.  We’ve prayed for Your guidance and blessing and that Your will be done.  You have blessed us beyond measure.   Their business is not a mega-million dollar company, but they have wealth beyond measure.  Money doesn’t matter to You but people do.  I praise You for giving my parents the ability to love others.  That is an invaluable lesson I learned from them.   


Scripture: “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?” Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment.  And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.” Matthew 22:36-39


Be Generous and Do Good


Let him who is taught the word share in all good things with him who teaches. Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.  For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.  And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith.  Galatians 6:6-10

No comments:

Post a Comment