Thursday, September 11, 2014

Falling

God, who foresaw your tribulation, has specially armed you to go through it, not without pain but without stain.  C.S. Lewis

When you become consumed by God's call on your life, everything will take on new meaning and significance. You will begin to see every facet of your life - including your pain - as a means through which God can work to bring others to Himself.  Charles Stanley


I had an eventful day yesterday.  My Mom and I went to speak at an event yesterday for Purple Ranch.  When we speak at an event we will sell our products afterwards so once the event is over, we pack up our car and go to lunch. 

We finished our event around noon and started loading our car.  I will tell you that I have told stories of me falling before, (remember the one about me falling face first off my front porch), and this is a new twist on a way to fall.  So I have a small dolly and I am hauling boxes of product to the car and loading them.  I had my hand on the dolly and I turned to walk back inside and the flat piece of the dolly stepped out in front of me.  I kind of thought I would blame it on the dolly and not my ineptitude. So I take a step forward and at the same time I lifted the dolly and tripped.  This was not a graceful glide to the ground.  It was a flat out sprawl. Thankfully no one was around to see it.  I would have scored a 10. 

I would later tell my Mom that I didn’t know I had that many things that stuck out that could hit the ground at the same time.  When I landed I hit my right shoulder and right cheek, my glasses and my earring on the right side flew off, I caught myself with my right hand and scraped it, I scraped the outside of my left knee and the shin of my left leg and this morning I realized somewhere in this graceful fall I also hit my chin.

There is an upside to this story.  I didn’t break my nose or my glasses, my head is hard so that just bounced and I didn’t break any bones.   I didn’t get a black eye and I was able to walk back into the building several times without anyone noticing I had fallen until my Mom saw my shoulder and my knee.  Once the car was loaded Mom had gotten some ice to put on all of my injuries.  We started laughing because I was holding a paper towel with ice in it on my cheek and then alternating to my shoulder and then my shin.  My Mom turned to me and asked me if she could hold ice on something for me.  I just busted out laughing. 

Sometimes life can be exactly like this.  There are the wounds that we hide inside that make us broken.  These are the injuries that no one can see but God.  We don’t have to be bleeding to be injured.  Too many times we bury the pain and keep going.  The problem with that is when we bury the pain we won’t heal and that pain will come back over and over again.  One of the problems with this kind of pain is that when we bury it we tend to repeat this kind of pain over and over again especially in relationships.  If we don’t identify what the cause of the pain is, we will never heal.  God is waiting with open arms for us to turn to him and heal us but we have to take the first step and depend on Him.


Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, yesterday’s fall brought You to my mind.  Not because You made me fall, I did that very well all on my own.  I thought of You because of what didn’t happen.  I could have broken a limb, nose, wrist, ankle, any one of which was a viable option since I hit so many parts.  You have saved me more times that I can count and I just want to say thank You.  You have helped me heal the broken parts inside of me that some people never see.  Thank You for being there for me in my brokenness. 
     

Scripture:   I will lift up my eyes to the hills— From whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1-2


Vows made to You are binding upon me, O God; I will render praises to You, for You have delivered my soul from death. Have You not kept my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living? Psalm 56:12-13

No comments:

Post a Comment