Friday, October 17, 2014

The Closer You Get the Worse You Look

As we get close to God, he is going to reveal things in our life that aren't pretty. We'll see the patterns of bitterness, anger, manipulation, and hurt that have cycled in our relationships. Chip Ingram

The closer I get to God the more I don’t like what I see of the sin in me and the more I want to change what I see.  It is a given and it is our inheritance that we received from Adam and Eve that we are sinners.  If we understand that we are sinners, it becomes more apparent when we start reading God’s Word because if we are sincere in our study, we will honestly look at ourselves as God sees us.  The truth will be revealed if we search for it.

Too many times we don’t want to go through the process, we just want the end results.  If we skip the process of identifying our sin, accepting it and then working to remove it, we will not get the benefit of what God intends for us. 

What if God had created an “Easy Button”?  I guess if you think about it, He gave Adam and Eve the “Easy Button”, but they didn’t use it.  Would we be any different?  Probably not.  If God allowed Jesus to be tempted in the desert, why would we think we would be any different.  Our trials are intended to teach us something.  Whether we get what that something is or not will depend on how much we know God and His promises.
 
If you spend time meditating on God’s Word, He will reveal amazing things.  He will transform you so that the closer you get the more like Christ you become. 

Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, I praise You for helping me to see the sinner in me.  Help me to be honest with myself about the sin in my life and to be bold enough to change.  I pray that others will be drawn to You because of the change in me.

Scripture:  The secret of the Lord is with those who fear Him, and He will show them His covenant. My eyes are ever toward the Lord, for He shall pluck my feet out of the net.  Psalm 25:14-15

No comments:

Post a Comment