Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Heaven Is Real

The body of Benjamin Franklin, Printer, lies here, food for worms; but the work shall not be lost, for it will appear once more in a new and more elegant edition, revised and corrected by the Author.  Benjamin Franklin

I’ve been studying about heaven lately.  I think the reason is I want a better picture of what eternity will look like.  It is kind of like going on a trip somewhere you have never visited and not taking a map or GPS.  How will we know what it will be like if we never study the Bible to see where we are going?

My cousin and I were talking recently about heaven.  We talked about how some people believe that we won’t know anyone when we get there.  That’s kind of scary if you ask me.  Imagine going to a place where you know no one.  I believe that I will know people when I get there.  If this place described in the Bible will be a place of great joy and peace, then I believe many of my loved ones will be there. 
  
Here is an interesting point.  God gave each of us imagination.  Have you ever planned a trip and imagined what you would do when you get there.  I think it would be sort of like how a young child feels when they step through the gates into Disney World.  I think it is that very childlike quality that we need to have to be able to imagine what Heaven will be like. If we took away the sin, suffering, death and corruption of the earth, we might see a small glimpse of what this place will be like.
 
Another thing I thought about was what will I do when I get there.  I know I will work.  Imagine that you will do exactly what God created you to do.  Imagine something you could work at that you thoroughly enjoy doing; something that you could do every day without ever getting tired of it.  That would be using the natural talent that God gave you.  Sometimes we choose jobs here on earth that we hate, but we choose to stay in them for the money.  Don’t get me wrong.  All of us must earn a living, but the reality of it is I could live with a lot less stuff and still survive.  Too many times we allow the world to dictate what we do in this life. We allow money to be the deciding factor in our work.  I believe that in heaven we won’t worry about money because we won’t need it. 

So if you took away pain, sickness, death, corruption, money, poverty; the list is endless, what would we have.  We would have a place that never dies with people that never die.  We would have a heavenly Father who loves us always.  Not just some of the time but all of the time.  We would have peace, joy and life everlasting.  That sounds kind of like the Garden of Eden doesn’t it.  I can’t wait for an everlasting relationship with my Father in Heaven. 

Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, when I think of Heaven it brings me joy.  As I drove to work this morning I was thinking of all the things I needed to do at work today and then I thought of You.  You have prepared a place for those who believe in and accept You as their Heavenly Father.  I want to see this place You created for us.  I know it will be amazing.      

Scripture:  “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.  For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:19-21

No comments:

Post a Comment