Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Time to Refuel

He Himself is the fuel our spirits were designed to burn, or the food our spirits were designed to feed on. There is no other.  C.S. Lewis

We live in a fast paced world where we are moving so fast that at times we forget to refuel.  How many days are we driving on fumes? Our bodies are very much like a car.  They need regular maintenance, tune ups and fuel to keep operating at optimum efficiency.  If we don’t take care of us we will break down. 

Have you ever had a fuel filter go out on your car?  You are driving along and all of a sudden your car starts sputtering and then it goes a few feet and then lurches forward a few times.  Eventually if you don’t replace the filter it will stall out completely.

We need to refuel our body and our mind so that we don’t stall out.  How do you know what steps to take when you don’t have the instruction manual readily available? One of the things that causes us to run out of gas in life is we aren’t prepared.  If we haven’t buried scripture in our heart so that it is readily available, we can end up making costly mistakes that can lead to burnout and lead us further from our Heavenly Father. 

In 2 Corinthians 12:7-9 Paul states the following: “And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 

God’s grace is sufficient.  His grace is enough.  The grace of our Lord Jesus is sufficient to uphold me, strengthen me, comfort me, make my troubles useful to me, sufficient to enable me to triumph over it, to bring me out of it, sufficient to bring me out of anything and to take me home to heaven. God is sufficient.  He is enough to meet our needs and He is available for refueling our heart, mind and soul.  Spend time with the One whose grace is sufficient.

Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, I often forget to refuel.  When I lose sight of You I will break down.  I need your fuel to keep me going.  When I start running out of gas in this life, please call me back to You and your all sufficient grace.  Everything I will ever need in this life is found in You. Remind me to refuel on Your Word.   
      

Scripture: He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall, but those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.  Isaiah 40:29-31

No comments:

Post a Comment