Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Write It Down

Do we have any records from first-century 'journalists' who interviewed eyewitnesses, asked tough questions, and faithfully recorded what they scrupulously determined to be true? Lee Strobel

Do you ever pray for something or someone and then forget the prayer you prayed? If you want to see what God is doing in your life; write it down.  This process, called journaling, accomplishes several things.

First, when you write down your prayers it reinforces the prayer.  When you write down your prayers you can then go back to them often and repeat that prayer to our Heavenly Father.  What is important to you is important to God.

Second, if you write down your prayers, you can go back later and see the exact moment when God answered the prayer.  This alone is one of the most powerful tools that allows you to see God work in your life.  When you can physically see God answering prayers it reminds us that we are not alone and we have an amazing Father who loves us and cares about what happens in our life.

If you think about it, the entire Bible was written by people who wrote their thoughts and prayers down.  We wouldn’t have a Bible if someone hadn’t thought to write it down. How many prayers do we see answered in the Bible?  Too many to count.

I have gotten out of the habit of journaling. Sometimes it is because I have become too busy and at other times it is just laziness on my part.  If I allow a broken habit and laziness to interfere with my time with God, I need to make changes.

There are people around us every day who need our prayers.  Some don’t know God, others are questioning God because of the things going on in their lives and still others are blaming God for the tragedies in their lives.  If we are to have an amazing prayer life, we will need to get serious about prayer.  Take time to journal your prayers and watch God work in your life.


Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, I have become lazy and stopped writing down my prayers.  I believe You answer prayers, but if I am too lazy to write them down, why should I expect You to answer them.  Help me to return to journaling where I can write down the prayer, return to it often and go back to it later so that I can see You at work in my life.  I praise You for giving me a way to communicate with You. 
       

Scripture: The Just Live by Faith


Then the Lord answered me and said:

“Write the vision and make it plain on tablets, that he may run who reads it.  For the vision is yet for an appointed time; but at the end it will speak, and it will not lie.
Though it tarries, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.  Habakkuk 2:2-3


 

No comments:

Post a Comment