Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Your Love Sets Me Free  

As your faith is strengthened you will find that there is no longer the need to have a sense of control, that things will flow as they will, and that you will flow with them, to your great delight and benefit.  ~Emmanuel

I’ve never felt the freedom that I do when God is my focus.  You all know that I do goofy things and strange things have happened to me in my lifetime.  Many of these I have shared with you. 

One thing I have learned is that God loves me no matter what I do.  The things I do may not be right, or the things that happen to me may not be because of something I have done. I do believe that God allows things to happen to us for a reason sometimes only known by Him.  But that is why He is God and we aren’t. 

When I finally decided to allow God to lead me it did several things for me.  It released me from the worry of what others might think of me.  It also helped me to laugh at myself because I often picture God looking down at me and laughing too.  I am human and I will do things that are not so smart. 

God’s love has set me free.  The freedom this gives me can be described as the same feeling I had as a child where I didn’t worry about where my next meal came from or where I would live, or the bills that needed to be paid.

When do we lose our freedom?  It comes when the world disappoints us or a parent treats us harshly.  Freedom is lost when other children make fun of us and others join in.  The freedom we have in Christ is lost because we cease to believe that someone could love us enough to accept us as we are.  Broken.

So today I thank God for His love for me.  He will not forsake me nor leave me.  He will not make fun of my stupid mistakes nor ridicule me.  Christ died on the cross to set me free and I pray that you find that same freedom.   

     
Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, Your freedom is all I will ever need.  When I let go of the worldly things that take away my freedom, I clearly see what being free is all about.  You bring me freedom that cannot be bought and I praise You for allowing Your Son to die on the cross to set me free.


Scripture:   May your unfailing love come to me, Lord, your salvation, according to your promise; then I can answer anyone who taunts me, for I trust in your word.  Never take your word of truth from my mouth, for I have put my hope in your laws.  I will always obey your law, for ever and ever.  I will walk about in freedom, for I have sought out your precepts.  I will speak of your statutes before kings and will not be put to shame, for I delight in your commands because I love them.  I reach out for your commands, which I love, that I may meditate on your decrees.  Psalm 119:41-48

No comments:

Post a Comment