Tuesday, June 25, 2013


Animals
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.  Billy Graham

I was driving to work this morning and I could see several police SUV’s up ahead with their lights on at the intersection where I turn.  As I drove up closer I saw something black in the road.  It looked like a piece of rubber off of a tire.  As I pulled up to the intersection the object in the road moved.  It was a dog.  There were two policemen standing on the side of the road near the dog.  The dog was lying down but didn’t appear to be injured.  Both of the policemen had pulled their cars into the intersection to protect the dog from getting hit.  The dog appeared to be older and was panting so I am guessing it had collapsed and couldn’t go any further. Tears welled up in my eyes as I watched the two men protect the animal.
I am a sap when it comes to animals.  When it comes to dogs I just can’t help myself, I just want to love them all.  Have you ever noticed how much you can tell about a person by the way they treat animals?  It kind of gives others a character reference of who the person really is inside.  I watched the news this morning where two people were arrested for burning three puppies.  I’ve seen stories of kids throwing acid on dogs and recently young adults taped a dogs mouth closed with duct tape and left him to starve.    

If we look in the Bible, God talks a lot about animals.  He even allows some to talk.  God entrusted animals to us, and our relationships with animals are a significant part of our lives.  Isaiah 11:6-9 talks about the wolf dwelling with the lamb and the leopard will lie down with the young goat.  The cow and bear will graze and the lion will eat straw like the ox.  It says that they shall not hurt or destroy in God’s holy mountain because the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord. Can you imagine a place where we all worship God even the animals because even they know God and understand his Greatness?  I look forward to that day.   
Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, I am always amazed at Your creation.  When I see animals I always think of You because it gives me a glimpse of the amazing things You created.  I look forward to heaven where all of us including the animals will co-exist together in peace praising and worshiping You.

Scripture: “The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, the leopard shall lie down with the young goat, the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.  The cow and the bear shall graze; their young ones shall lie down together; and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.  The nursing child shall play by the cobra’s hole, and the weaned child shall put his hand in the viper’s den.  They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain, for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea.  Isaiah 11:6-9

No comments:

Post a Comment