Thursday, September 26, 2013


Facebook & LinkedIn
In place of our exhaustion and spiritual fatigue, God will give us rest. All He asks is that we come to Him...that we spend a while thinking about Him, meditating on Him, talking to Him, listening in silence, occupying ourselves with Him - totally and thoroughly lost in the hiding place of His presence.  Chuck Swindoll

You already know that my husband and I are sometimes technologically challenged.  The other issue we have is password memory loss or PML.  Everything I own has a password and some things have multiple passwords.  My brain doesn’t have enough wrinkles in it to hold all the passwords I need to run my life. 
I think a great diet would be to put a password on the refrigerator.  I would forget what it was and never be able to get in. 

Anyway, back to Facebook.  My husband sent me a friend request yesterday.  I admit I am not up on the lingo that goes with all the social media sites.  The problem with his friend request was that I couldn’t even friend him because I couldn’t remember my password to my Facebook account.  They try to make it simple for me to retrieve my password by making me set up questions.  My favorite question is “What was your first car?”  This question is tricky for me because I can’t remember what I answered with in the first place.  Did I say my first car was the Toyota station wagon that my sister and I drove in high school or was it the Toyota Celica I bought when I moved to Dallas?  Did I call it a station wagon or a Toyota or a Celica?  Then there are the sites that won’t let you go any further unless you use characters, numbers and symbols in the password.  Who can remember symbols in a password?
So yesterday I receive a LinkedIn message from someone.  That gets me back to the whole password thing again because I have a different one on that account.  The person had “endorsed” me.  What does that mean?  Endorsed me for what? I can’t even remember my password so I can see the endorsement.

I admit I was trying to clean out my personal email account because I had over 2000 emails.  I found friend requests from 5 years ago that I never responded to.  If you are reading this and I didn’t friend you 5 years ago, it’s not because I don’t like you.  I am Facebook challenged. 
I think I want to be God’s Facebook friend.  I don’t have to worry about whether He is going to “Like” me or not because He already does, in fact He loves me.  I am also going to join His LinkedIn account because that’s the kind of endorsement I need.  Finally, I don’t need a secret password that requires letters, numbers and symbols so that someone can’t hack into my God account. If someone wants into my God account all they have to do is ask.  No hacking required.  I will tell them everything I know about Him.        

Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, I am so confused with social media.  I know my first issue is that I don’t use it very often, but maybe that’s not such a bad thing.  When Jesus died on the cross the curtain of the temple was split in two allowing each of us direct access to You through prayer, meditation and the Holy Spirit. I am forever thankful for your mercy on all sinners that we can be born again into a new life with Christ.  You are amazing!      
Scripture:  And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, and yielded up His spirit. Then, behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth quaked, and the rocks were split, and the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised; and coming out of the graves after His resurrection, they went into the holy city and appeared to many.

So when the centurion and those with him, who were guarding Jesus, saw the earthquake and the things that had happened, they feared greatly, saying, “Truly this was the Son of God!” Matthew 27:50-54

No comments:

Post a Comment