Thursday, September 19, 2013


The Hawk
Do not strive in your own strength; cast yourself at the feet of the Lord Jesus, and wait upon Him in the sure confidence that He is with you, and works in you. Strive in prayer; let faith fill your heart-so will you be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might.  Andrew Murray

Last weekend I was at my parent’s farm and I was standing outside when I looked up and saw a hawk flying overhead.  It was amazing.  He wasn’t flapping his wings or diving.  It was like watching total silence as the wind currents lifted him into the air.  I couldn’t hear anything but I could see the wind carrying him up and down as he was caught in an updraft, then he would start to descend and he would flap his wings once and then the air current would lift him up again.
The absolute stillness was what struck me first.  Then his ability to actually stay in the air without a motor or anything else propelling him was amazing to watch. 

We have the ability to fly and soar if we let God guide us.  Just as the hawk occasionally flapped his wings to keep him airborne, we too must use God’s tools to keep us flying.  If we don’t have God as our source of energy and strength, we have no hope.  Place your faith and hope in God.  He is our greatest source of strength and there is no one above Him.       
Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, You are the only one who can help me soar.  If I am dependent on the world I am destined to fall.  I praise You for your strength and might in my times of trouble.  There is no love like Your love and You renew my strength daily.  I praise Your Holy Name.     

Scripture:  The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.  He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.  He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.  Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.  Isaiah 40:28-31

No comments:

Post a Comment