Thursday, December 18, 2014

One of a Kind

The day that each person willingly accepts himself or herself for who he or she is and acknowledges the uniqueness of God's framing process marks the beginning of a journey to seeing the handiwork of God in each life.  Ravi Zacharias

I read a statement that really stuck with me.  “The way you see yourself influences everything else in your life.”  This is so true.  Why do we buy into what someone else tells us we are? 

From the time we are born until we die, we are surrounded by outside influences and those influences can make or break us.  They can turn us in the wrong direction away from God or lead us to Him.  How do you rid yourself of the negative things that people have said to you over the years?  Sometimes we buy into what people say more than what God has to say about us.  Too many times I think it is our need to be accepted for who we are and sometimes we even change who we really are to fit the mold someone places us in.


If we want to know our true worth and our great potential, we need to look no further than the One who created us.  When we look to God’s Word for our true worth we are set free.  One of the best examples of this is found in John 8:31-36.  “Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, ‘If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed.  And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.’  They answered Him, ‘We are Abraham’s descendants, and have never been in bondage to anyone.  How can You say, ‘You will be made free?’ Jesus answered them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin. And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever. Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.

Each person that God created is “One of a kind”.  There are no two of us that are exactly alike.  When we stop buying the stuff other people are putting down about us, that is our first step to true freedom.  Freedom in knowing Whose we are and living for Him, not what others think about us.

Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, there were times in my life where others said things about me or to me that made me doubt myself.  That doubt moved me further away from You.  You created me in your image and you created me for a purpose.  If I look to You instead of those around me, You will give me the true picture of who I am and what I have the potential to be in Your eyes.  I praise You for making me one of a kind.


Scripture: For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them.  Psalm 139:13-16

No comments:

Post a Comment