Monday, December 15, 2014

Til the Son Comes Round Again

Psalm 104:33  I will sing to the Lord as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.

Do you ever get joy out of simple things?  Music always touches my heart.  Maybe this comes from growing up in Louisiana, but music just does something to me.  I love hearing a saxophone or blues played on a piano.  You all know I want to be a singer, although I don’t really have the talent for it.  So last week I went on iTunes and bought some songs.  I spend my drive time on the way to work and home singing.  The beauty of this is if I am alone in the car I can sing as loudly as I want.  God’s the only one who can hear me. 

My husband and I have the exact same taste in music.  He will hear a song and he just knows I will like it and the same goes for me.  So last week I bought a song.  Did you know that you can find God in anything?  This song is what I call country blues.  It has the piano in the background and the guy singing has a soulful voice.  As soon as I played the song in my car I couldn’t wait to get home and have my husband listen to it.  It was more the music than the words that touched me at that point.

So when my husband got home I gave him my earphones and had him listen to it.  He loved the song.  So I tell him, “Why don’t we go out to my car (the one with the great surround sound system) and listen to it there.  About now is the time you are going to say my husband and I need to get a life. So our Saturday night date was going out to the car in the driveway, turning up the radio real loud and singing together to this really great song.

About now you are asking, “What does this have to do with seeing God?”  Well there was a line in the song that said “I’m going to love you til the sun comes round again.”  This one line reminded me of Jesus.  He loved me enough to give his life for me, so I am going to “love Him, til the Son comes round again.

Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, I praise you for giving us music.  Music touches something deep inside me that I can’t even explain. Thank You for opening my eyes to see You in all kinds of circumstances.  Music is just one of the ways that I see and hear You speak to me.    

Scripture: The Ark Brought to Jerusalem


Again David gathered all the choice men of Israel, thirty thousand. And David arose and went with all the people who were with him from Baale Judah to bring up from there the ark of God, whose name is called by the Name, the Lord of Hosts, who dwells between the cherubim. So they set the ark of God on a new cart, and brought it but of the house of Abinadab, which was on the hill; and Uzzah and Ahio, the sons of Abinadab, drove the new cart. And they brought it out of the house of Abinadab, which was on the hill, accompanying the ark of God; and Ahio went before the ark. Then David and all the house of Israel played music before the Lord on all kinds of instruments of fir wood, on harps, on stringed instruments, on tambourines, on sistrums, and on cymbals.  2 Samuel 6:1-5



So David said to Michal, “It was before the Lord, who chose me instead of your father and all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of the Lord, over Israel. Therefore I will play music before the Lord. And I will be even more undignified than this, and will be humble in my own sight. But as for the maidservants of whom you have spoken, by them I will be held in honor.” 2 Samuel 6:21-22

No comments:

Post a Comment