Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Problems We Can’t Handle

What then are we to do about our problems? We must learn to live with them until such time as God delivers us from them. We must pray for grace to endure them without murmuring. Problems patiently endured will work for our spiritual perfecting. They harm us only when we resist them or endure them unwillingly.  A.W. Tozer

Do you ever think about God’s pursuit of you?  God wants every person to be saved so He pursues us continuously.  Some of us are more hard headed than others so it takes a lot more persistence on God’s behalf to get our attention. 

When you think about the problems in your life, do you consider that these are just stepping stones toward God?  God allows us to go through trials to grow our faith in Him and some of us are blessed with worse problems than others.  When we are at our most broken is when God can do the most with us.

There have been times in my life when God was knocking at my door and I just wasn’t listening or I didn’t recognize Him.  Some of us take a lot more than a knock on the door to get our attention.  One of the things I have learned over the years is to prepare for trouble because it will come.  We will have pain, sorrow and tragedy in our lives. If we don’t understand that up front when we become a Christian, we will be disappointed.  I think too many times we misunderstand God because we think that once we become a Christian all our troubles are over.  In reality our troubles are just beginning.

One way to look at this is to picture a vending machine.  They are made with a glass front so that you can see what you are buying when you hit the B7 button.  Now take that same vending machine and replace the cover with an opaque glass so you can’t see what you are buying.  All you can see is the panel that has the item selections.  When we are baptized the problems in our Christian life become this kind of vending machine.  Through Christ’s blood on the cross we are saved but living the Christian life means when we press G4 we don’t know if we are going to get a Ding Dong or Funyuns.  We can’t choose what problems we will face but we can choose Who we want to help us through them.    

If you expect your life as a Christian to become easier it won’t.  We don’t know the problems we will face in this life, but God does.  He is prepared to see us through them if we trust Him.  Faith in our Heavenly Father will get us through the things we don’t expect in life.

Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, I know that it doesn’t make sense to expect a Ding Dong when I can’t even see what is in the case.  In my Christian life I will face many obstacles.  Some are easier to overcome than others.  I know that if I place my faith and trust in You; You will see me through anything because of who You are.  When I can’t handle my problems You can.  I praise You for growing my faith while I am in the midst of the troubles of this life.       

Scripture: Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’ Isaiah 41:10

No comments:

Post a Comment