Monday, June 8, 2015

We All Bleed Red

He sheds tears for those that shed His blood.  Thomas Watson

I love music and in particular songs that speak to me in a profound way.  This shouldn’t surprise anyone since I have written quite a few devotionals about songs.  I have an iPhone and I have a lot of songs on it.  My long drive to work is spent listening, singing and often contemplating the words of the songs I listen to.  I went to church yesterday and heard a song that I wanted to download to my iPhone. 

So when I returned home I pulled out my laptop and went to iTunes to try to buy the song.  I searched for several hours but never found the song.  What I did find was another song.  If you have ever been on iTunes you know there are thousands of songs so it is kind of like looking for a needle in a haystack. Also, you can listen to a short clip of the song before you buy it.  Since you don’t get to hear the whole song, I mostly choose music I like the sound of and once I buy the song I can play the whole thing.  By the time I got to work I was a sniffling mess. The song I found is called “Bleed Red”.  It was written by Andrew Dorff and is sung by Ronnie Dunn.  The following are the words to the song.   

"Bleed Red"

Let’s say we’re sorry, before it’s too late, give forgiveness a chance
Turn the anger into water; let it slip through our hands
We all bleed red, we all taste rain, all fall down, lose our way,
We all say words we regret, we all cry tears, we all bleed red

If we’re fighting, we’re both losing; we’re just wasting our time
Because my scars, they are your scars and your world is mine
You and I, we all bleed red, we all taste rain, all fall down, lose our way
We all say words, we regret, we all cry tears, we all bleed red
Sometimes we’re strong, sometimes we’re weak, sometimes we’re hurt and it cuts deep
We live this life, breath to breath, we’re all the same; we all bleed red

Let’s say we’re sorry...
Before it’s too late...

How many of us have said something we regret to another person?  I think too many times we think too much about our own hurt in the circumstance and forget that the other person is bleeding red just like us. We live in a society where forgiveness is in short supply, and saying we’re sorry is a forgotten commodity.  Every one of us loses our way and we all fall down.  If we claim the title of Christian, we need to understand that we all bleed red.  The only way someone else is going to see Christ in us is if we give forgiveness a chance, turn away from anger and say we’re sorry.  Jesus Christ became a man in human form and bled red for our sin.  We should be willing to bleed red for another person just like Jesus did.  It’s called being Christlike.


Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, the words in this song touched my heart.  They are so true.  How many times have I said something I regret to someone and watched them walk away not realizing they were bleeding red just like I do when I am hurt.  Father, I want a heart like Christ.  He shed tears for those who persecuted Him.  Give me the strength to shed tears for those who hurt me, and the understanding that the words I speak can cause another to bleed red.  
      
Scripture: In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence, having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself, that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth—in Him. In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.  Ephesians 1:7-12

No comments:

Post a Comment