Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Fast Food

Never think that God's delays are God's denials. Hold on; hold fast; hold out. Patience is genius. ~Georges-Louis Leclerc


Do you ever wonder how we got to be the capital of fast food?  We have become conditioned by fast.  We want instant oatmeal, express checkout, speedy oil change, pay at the pump, call ahead orders and next day delivery.  We expect instant food, service and meals.  If we have to wait for anything we become frustrated and will take our business elsewhere.  

What would happen if God decided to give us everything we wanted instantly?  We would become spoiled just as we are by the world and its timetable.  God rarely does things instantly and on our schedule.  Have you noticed that you have to do a lot of waiting when it comes to God working in your life.  

We are by no means alone in this waiting process.  The Bible shows us how long people had to wait for things to happen in their lives.  The key is that it was all in God's timing and not ours.  

I think if we all came to the end of ourselves and turned to God and said I am waiting and I will slow down and take my time and not move until you tell me to, we would be amazed at the happiness, joy and peace that would come over our lives.  But that would also mean that we would have to become patient people, and kinder to others because we would be forced to wait, and have self-control.  What it ultimately means is that we would have the "Fruit of the Spirit".   

Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, You are an amazing God and you want what is best for me.  I want to have the fruit of the spirit in my life.  I want my life to be an example of what it means to be like Christ.  I need your help daily to make that happen in my life because I am often impatient and moving too fast.  Thank you for slowing me down so that I can see the fruits of the spirit at work in my life.

Scripture:  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Galatians 5:22-24

No comments:

Post a Comment