Friday, May 11, 2012

Mom 


She is the one who knows you best, accepts who you are unconditionally, heals the hurts of life and is your most ardent supporter in everything you do.  She will defend you, love you, never give up on you and comfort you in your darkest days.  Her name is Mom.  Brenda Edwards

With Mother's Day on Sunday I thought I would write about the amazing women in our lives who sometimes don't receive the recognition they deserve. 

In the last few years I have had the pleasure of spending an extraordinary amount of one on one time with my Mom.  She amazes me every day at how much talent she has and enough love to cover anyone who crosses her path.  She has sacrificed for me and my siblings over the years. 

I have had the opportunity to watch her speak to large groups about her farm and I am forever amazed at how she draws people close to her and knows exactly how to make each person feel like they are the only one.  There is no age or generation gap with my Mom.  She looks on everyone she meets as someone to nurture.  There is the college student at the farmer's market who as he says I quote "we've got your back" to the elderly lady that she gave the candle to because she is a cancer survivor.   

My favorite time with my Mom is immediately following one of our speaking events when we go to laMadaleine and sit over coffee and talk about everything or nothing.  I don't know what I will do when I lose my Mom.  There will be a hole in my heart that no one else will ever be able to fill.  I love you Mom.

Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, I am so blessed to have a wonderful mother.  One who cares about people and loves them as if they are her own.  I pray that you will bless all mothers this week and every day for their sacrifice, their kindness and their love for others.  I also pray that you will comfort those who have lost their mothers.  Thank you for the blessing of mothers.    


·    She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy. When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet…. She is clothed in strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: “Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.” Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Honor her for all that her hands have done, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate. Proverbs 31:10-31

No comments:

Post a Comment