Friday, May 25, 2012

Understanding God

God is not what you imagine or what you think you understand. If you understand you have failed. ~Saint Augustine


Have you figured out yet that God is beyond our comprehension?  I drive on the tollway every morning and the first bridge I come to passes above the lake.  On a clear day I can see the sun coming up on the horizon with its reflection on the lake.  It never fails to amaze me and the first thing I think of when I see it is that God created that very sunrise and the beauty in it. 

When I go out to my parents farm at night you can see millions of stars.  God created every one of them yet many people often doubt His very existence. 

These are just two of the millions of examples of what God has made and yet there are so many people who don't believe in Him and never take the time to appreciate what an awesome God he is and how amazing his creation.  God provides us an endless array of examples but we will never understand how He does it and that is not the point.  The point is for us to slow down long enough to appreciate them and the One who created them. 

Prayer for the Day: Father, You are beyond what I can imagine.  You made the heavens and the earth and I am so in awe of You.  I am not able to comprehend the greatness of your glory.  I pray that You will help me to never stop being amazed at all you have created.  Holy, Holy is Your Name. 

Scripture:  He provided redemption for his people; he ordained his covenant forever—holy and awesome is his name. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding. To him belongs eternal praise.  Psalm 111:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment