Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Life is What You Make It

If you don't decide what your life is about it defaults to what you spend your days doing.  Robert Brault


What is your default?  Is your default rushing around every day in a constant motion of worldly pursuits?  I know I so often get distracted by the things in life that I think must be done.  So I pursue the things that really will not matter to my future life.  

As our pastor said on Sunday, we get born again and we settle in.  We forget the next important steps that include pursuing Him with all our heart and showing others what Christ is all about through the way we live our lives.  But if the way we live our lives is to be in constant motion and never taking the time to meet one on one with God, then that is what our life will show others.  

I have heard our Pastor say many times when talking about spending time with God;  "Shoot for seven, make five, you've had a good week."

If all we ever do is go to church on Sunday and think that we will come to know God in that short amount of time we are fooling oursleves.  The only way we will meet God face to face is to dig deeper in his Word and it won't happen if we don't take the time from our busy schedules to do it.     

Prayer for the Day: Father, I am sometimes so focused on worldly things that I don't take the time to spend with you.  Please help me to remember that You won't be able to speak to me if I don't spend time in your Instruction Manual.  I praise you for your patience with me and for loving me even when I fail to pursue You.

Scripture:  “I do not accept glory from human beings, but I know you.  I know that you do not have the love of God in your hearts.  I have come in my Father’s name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him.  How can you believe since you accept glory from one another but do not seek the glory that comes from the only God? John 5:41-44

No comments:

Post a Comment