Friday, March 29, 2013


A Shared Life    

We need to reckon on the fact that we died to sin's reign, that it no longer has any dominion over us, that God has united us with the risen Christ in all His power, and has given us the Holy Spirit to work in us. Only as we accept our responsibility and appropriate God's provisions will we make any progress in our pursuit of holiness.  Jerry Bridges
Today I am not going to tell an old story from my childhood or a current story from my crazy life.  Today is about you and God. 

Today’s devotional is a thank you.  Thank you for allowing me to share my life with each of you.  I am a sinner but also a believer.  You allow me to come to you in your work week and talk about whatever is on my mind. It amazes me that you would want to hear something I have to say.  I am humbled daily by the emails I receive that tell me how much something I said touched someone’s life. 
I must admit I honestly don’t think I am a good writer.  I also admit that there are times I read what I write and I know it came from God because there is no way that came from me.  So if you find something profound in my devotional, look to the Father.  If something touches your life in some of the words written and it brings you closer to Him then I am just the messenger. 

So I thank God for his blessings in my life and for giving me the opportunity to talk to you about Him.  I praise Him for giving me the Holy Spirit living in me that allows me to see Him as a loving caring Father in all circumstances. 
I thank each of you for reading my goofy stories about spiders, pigs, cheese, utilities, bumper stickers and all the other subjects I use to illustrate who God really is in my eyes.

On this Good Friday I pray that each of you know the sacrifice made for you so that you can live eternally with our Father in heaven.  He Is Risen and I am forever thankful for that sacrifice that allows us to live.      
Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, thank you for helping me piece together words that touch other people’s lives.  I am forever grateful for Your love and mercy on me, a poor sinner.  Thank You for the sacrifice of Your Son for my sins.  I can never repay the debt I owe.    

Scripture:  For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.  Corinthians 5:21

No comments:

Post a Comment