Thursday, May 23, 2013


The Last Chapter

The purpose of the Bible? Salvation. God's highest passion is to get His children home. His book, the Bible, describes His plan of salvation. The purpose of the Bible is to proclaim God's plan and passion to save His children.  Max Lucado
Have you ever thought about what kind of book you would write about your life?  What kind of chapters would it include?  Would there be chapters you would rather they were never written? What really matters in the book of your life is how it ends.    

Our life on earth is like an unwritten book.  The pages are blank when we are born.  It is up to us to fill in the blanks. What would be your story if you were writing your novel?  I know for me I would have chapters that I would rather they had never been written.  These are filled with the mistakes I made in my life and the sins I have committed. 

Then there are chapters that I would be pleased to have someone read.  These would be filled with the things I have done for others, the times I showed love or kindness or longsuffering for another. 
My problem with this autobiography is I am afraid there might be more bad chapters than good.  There would also be chapters where it started out good and ended badly.  These are the ones where I was showing love to someone but then took the credit for myself instead of giving the glory to God, or I started out loving and the chapter ended in anger. 

I love books with happy endings.  I am disappointed when the end doesn’t live up to my expectations.  It is a big letdown.  What if God created the Bible and didn’t tell us the ending?  What if He left out the Book of Revelation?  When I picture the events in Revelation and then think about if God had left that book out that scares me even more.  Can you imagine living on earth when the events in this book occur?  
God gives each of us the opportunity to see how the story ends.  He didn’t leave us hanging for the sequel.  There is a beginning and an end.   Right now you are in the process of writing your story.  How will your story end?   

Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, there are good and bad chapters in my book.  I want my book to be filled with chapters of grace and mercy, pages filled with love and kindness toward others. I would want to include in every chapter my love and thankfulness for your grace and mercy on me.  Thank You for giving me the opportunity to write my story.  Help me to make it a best seller for Your Kingdom.                        
Scripture: But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life. For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.  Romans 6:22-23

No comments:

Post a Comment