Friday, January 17, 2014

Professional Organizer

The Christian ministry is the worst of all trades, but the best of all professions.  John Newton

I was driving to work this morning and I looked over at the car next to me and there was a sign on the back windshield that was advertising a Professional Organizer and it gave a website and number to call. 

This made me think about how our professions define us.  By that I mean how our professions tell other people who we are and what we do.  God created each of us with certain talents and he created those talents in us so that we could use them for His purposes.

When you think about it, each one of us should really have one occupation from a God standpoint.  When someone looks at us, our profession should be Professional Christian with a talent on the side.  By that I mean if we are to live a life that glorifies God, then our talent should be secondary to our true purpose as a Professional Christian. 

If I am an Executive Assistant then my skills should include organizational and people skills.  The thing is everything I do on a daily basis should glorify God and that should be my main goal in life.  We should still strive to be the best at whatever our talent is, but God should be the first priority. 

So how do we learn to be a Professional Christian.  I decided to make a list of some of the courses we should take to become a Professional Christian. These courses are part of your undergraduate studies.  There is a section in the Bible that I will call Christian Behavior 101.  Galatians 5:22-23   But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

Christian Grammar 101 Deuteronomy 11:18-19 Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Christian Finance 101 Luke 14:27-30 And whoever does not carry their cross and follow me cannot be my disciple. “Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Won’t you first sit down and estimate the cost to see if you have enough money to complete it? For if you lay the foundation and are not able to finish it, everyone who sees it will ridicule you, saying, ‘This person began to build and wasn’t able to finish.’

Christian Design Communications 101 Matthew 5:15-16  Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

If we spend time in the basic courses and meditate on His Word we are then ready to move closer to the person God calls us to be.  Follower of Christ , P.C. (Professional Christian.)

Prayer for the Day: Heavenly Father, You provide the tools I need for any situation in this earthly life.  I want to be a Professional Christian.  You provide the courses that any of us can take to become what You created us to be.  I praise You for giving me the tools I need to become a Professional Christian.  I don’t have to take out a loan to complete my studies but I am forever indebted to You for saving me. 

Scripture: As God’s co-workers we urge you not to receive God’s grace in vain. For he says, “In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.” I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation.


We put no stumbling block in anyone’s path, so that our ministry will not be discredited.  Rather, as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: in great endurance; in troubles, hardships and distresses;  in beatings, imprisonments and riots; in hard work, sleepless nights and hunger; in purity, understanding, patience and kindness; in the Holy Spirit and in sincere love; in truthful speech and in the power of God; with weapons of righteousness in the right hand and in the left; through glory and dishonor, bad report and good report; genuine, yet regarded as impostors; known, yet regarded as unknown; dying, and yet we live on; beaten, and yet not killed; sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; poor, yet making many rich; having nothing, and yet possessing everything. 2 Corinthians 6:1-10

No comments:

Post a Comment